Page 1 of 2
I have Gibson Les Paul and a Marshall MG250DFX

I am thinking about getting some pedals and i was thinking about a dunlop original crybaby and a boss fz-5 fuzz pedal.

Was wondering if u could give me any suggestions on others or feedback on people who have used these pedals

thank you
BUY A NEW AMP, THAT RIG IS A DISGRACE

That is all.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
yeah, dude get rid of that mg, get a tube amp

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

amp dude if i were you i d save all my lovely money and get a nice tube amp cause trust me...used to own an mg100dfx...sucks and u wont get much better as a guitarist playing thru that...SOOOOOOOO a new amp with ur hard earned money...even the cheap 5w tube amps are a major upgrade tonewise from an mg....trust me cause i had to learn the hardway buying so many knick knacks for my mg...new pedals are just seasoning over a steak that isnt so good in the first place get a new juicy delicious steak
Once again massive help from three people who completely missed TS' question.

My cousin has a Dunlop Wah, and its amazing. Perfect for the Guns n Roses stuff.
Last edited by Austyn6661 at Jul 27, 2008,
Quote by MrCarrot
BUY A NEW AMP, THAT RIG IS A DISGRACE

That is all.

+1, but a little less rude.

the guitar rocks the house, if you really hae a gibson. a new amp is something you need to invest in though
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
What's your price range? Also, what styles do you play?
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
price range £200- 300
play mostly led zeppelin stuff
but will play anything rock indy or blues
ok well depends on what u play...if u gig or not....u can go used...or new.....but u can get tube amps from around 200-250 dollars already...so what do u play? PLEASE DO UR GUITAR A FAVOR...I SWEAR!!! i m jsut talking out of experience....new amp=lots of problems solved
Quote by atg1993
price range £200- 300
play mostly led zeppelin stuff
but will play anything rock indy or blues

Laney VC30 please
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
epi valve junior or blackheart little giant or handsome devil...will do any classic rock very nice...i d say wait a month for the handsome devil cause it has separate drive and master volume...trust me these amps will change ur life...then if u go used u can get peavey valvekings which are kinda meh...then classic 30 which is a very good amp....then used marshalls which will be more expensive...liek jcm800 or other old models
*goes on profile*

ok, false alarm boys, its an epiphone

TS: FYI: digital and fuzz dont go together too well, go for a big muff for fuzz

the original crybaby is mediocre for some things, but its generally ok
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
No, you don't need that much wattage. Valves are louder than SS amps.

Besides which, your MG250DFX is basically a glorified 50w amp.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
ok im nto to sure on my tube amps or this even is one which i doubt but a line 6 spider 3. any good ?
Quote by atg1993
ok im nto to sure on my tube amps or this even is one which i doubt but a line 6 spider 3. any good ?

No, thats no better than your current amp
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

A Laney VC30 is plently loud. Loud enough for gigging. It would be about the equvilent of 90-110w SS.

So get one. You'll do yourself a huge favour.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
ok so higher wattage...30 watt u ll NEVER crank unless ur gigging...30 w tube is more than ur amp now trust me...so i d say MAYBE epi classic 30 or the laney 30w that was recommended before me...if u want higher think jcm800 marshall....marshall high end...of course this is going out of ur budget so u d have to go used
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
ffs, find the edit button

+1.

I mean seriously? A triple post?
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
woooaaaaa sorry...better report me now or u wont be doing ur part as a good UGer instead of helping the guy ur posting even more useless stuff and ur blaming me of over posting...go play guitar already like SERIOUSLY pft.
Quote by Austyn6661
Once again massive help from three people who completely missed TS' question.

My cousin has a Dunlop Wah, and its amazing. Perfect for the Guns n Roses stuff.

they "missed the question" but they are right.

also do not get a boss FZ-5. because its awful
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I love how Kerry King has his own signature MG.

It made me chuckle and facepalm at the same time.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by Chris_Parker
I love how Kerry King has his own signature MG.

It made me chuckle and facepalm at the same time.

Lovely and relevant
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

Quote by georgakis187
woooaaaaa sorry...better report me now or u wont be doing ur part as a good UGer instead of helping the guy ur posting even more useless stuff and ur blaming me of over posting...go play guitar already like SERIOUSLY pft.

because your posts were stellar help werent they

you reccomended an "epi classic 30" and 2 amps WAAAY out of price range

and i answered the pedal queries

WHICH IS THE POINT OF THE THREAD
Quote by cmakkidguitar
Lovely and relevant

Hey, we were talking about how ****ty MGs were, right?

And that Boss Fuzz isn't getting the best "reviews", UG or otherwise. Why not like the Dallas Arbiter? It's about $100 USD.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
dude u recommend pedals FOR AN MG!!!! u must be demented cause as far as i know...AT LEAST i recommended a new amp...but yeah TS listen to him and get new pedals and colour the ****ty tone of ur mg even more like i did about a year back...OR get a better amp....oh and stevo....i ve seen engl screamers and jcm800 go for 300 POUNDS...or maybe u missed that part where he said pounds oh too bad...whatever...anyways ts go for a new amp...go try out the things that have been recommended at a music store cause if u expect to find a solution with people like stevo ur ****ed...sorry so go try them out and find something that goes with ur beautiful guitar and that u actually will love
Quote by georgakis187
dude u recommend pedals FOR AN MG!!!! u must be demented cause as far as i know...AT LEAST i recommended a new amp...but yeah TS listen to him and get new pedals and colour the ****ty tone of ur mg even more like i did about a year back...OR get a better amp....oh and stevo....i ve seen engl screamers and jcm800 go for 300 POUNDS...or maybe u missed that part where he said pounds oh too bad...whatever...anyways ts go for a new amp...go try out the things that have been recommended at a music store cause if u expect to find a solution with people like stevo ur ****ed...sorry so go try them out and find something that goes with ur beautiful guitar and that u actually will love

dude

chill

its

the

internet

in case you didnt read my post, TS has an epiphone LP in his profile

i see 10 threads like this a day and frankly im sick of correcting nubz like this one, i thought i'd say my piece and carry on with my life

there are geniuses like you to assist with the amp situation, but i though i'd be nice and answer his question. i e FZ-5 is crap and GCB-95 isnt startlingly better

also: could you try to inject some intelligence into your posts please, youre just making yourself look stupider. try enter every now and then
wow u win....i dont use enter so yeah...u win...i guess he has to buy pedals now fine i quit...buy pedals...i ll see you at xmas when u have more money to spare again for an amp roflmao
Quote by georgakis187

Seriously, chillax a bit. For a start, the pounds part doesn't matter much when Stevo's from the UK....
Also, i don't wanna argue you've seen it happen, but Screamers and JCM800s going for £300 is pushing the boundary quite a lot. That'd be a gooood find.
Oh and for the record, don't replace all your punctuation with ellipsis please.
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

Quote by georgakis187
wow u win....i dont use enter so yeah...u win...i guess he has to buy pedals now fine i quit...buy pedals...i ll see you at xmas when u have more money to spare again for an amp roflmao

if only

srsly, being t3h b1g man on t3h interwubz doesnt make your dick bigger, and impresses noone
Quote by georgakis187
yeah i need to "inject intelligence into my posts" rofl

Oh and another thing, ending posts with 'lol', 'rofl', 'roflmao' etc...?
Yeah, it makes you sound like an idiot

Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

Page 1 of 2