Hey, so I've got a mexican strat that I'm considering putting new pickups into. It's one of the Hendrix strats - cream colored, with the reverse headstock and the reversed bridge pickup. I'm looking to get a bridge pickup that would give me more of a Jimi tone, but am unsure about which ones to consider. However, the guy at guitar center said it would be better not to change anything because then one day it would be worth alot more money if it was kept in the same condition that I bought it in. What do you guys think, and if I should change pickups, which ones would you recommend?
what amp are you using?

and i wouldnt worry about ruining resale value.
1. pickups can always be put back.
2. it'll always be a mass produced MIM strat.
3. he's from guitar center.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^ They're right.

If you aren't happy with your tone, you may aswell get a new amp. Pickups are only for making a good tone better.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Well I'm using a line 6 spider 2, but I only use the clean setting because I have a line 6 podxt live pedalboard. Please don't just reply with something like 'line 6 sucks get a marshall, blah blah blah'. I'm more than happy with the tones I can get out of the floorboard, and am in no position to upgrade my amp, although in a few years i plan on upgrading to a nice tube amp (most likely an orange)
i'm not saying, "dump your amp buy a marshall" but for strat style tones, you might want to pick up a 5W tube amp for practice.

you can pick up a couple of types for the price of a couple of pickups installed.
the epi Vjr comes to mind. if you get the head for about $125 USD, you might be able to add a jack to ur spider.

just a suggestion.

can you link ur guitar for me? what type of pickups comes wt that guitar?
it's possible it's already voiced similar to ur needs but you're not picking it up because your amp is geared towards a heavier genre.

in other words a pickup change, alters ur tone a lot less than adding a pedal or changing an amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Haven't played your Strat but my MIM pups were lifeless,at least my HB was but now with a swap a whoooole lot better. Pups do change tone. My new SC's also dust the stockers in every way
16' Gibson SG Std.
15' Ibanez JEM Jr.
OD9 Pro+>CM-2>BC-2>Wylde Phase>Gravy>Flashback
Marshall JCM800>V212(Vet.30/ET-65)
Ibanez TSA15H>1x12 (G12n-65)
Randall RVC5>1x12 (G12n-65)
that link is fine.

"3 vintage-style single-coil pickups with staggered pole pieces alnico magnets and aged covers with reverse slanted bridge pickup"

these aren't typical stock pickups. i think you should at least take this guitar with you to a guitar store and play it thru a tube amp. see what they can do before you swap them out.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62