Page 1 of 13
Not sure if I can do this or not, but I searched and didn't find anything so decided to make this. Anyways I'm a HUGE fan of Tech DM.

Necrophagist,
Beneath the Massacre
Athiest
Cryptopsy
Cynic
Gorguts
Suffocation
The faceless
Theory in Practice

All great bands. Anybody else a fan of TDM?
Tech Death ****ing owns, I loves the faceless and necrophagist :O! There's this band called Born Of Osiris.. They're kinda death core ish but have a lot of meshuggah/necrophagist type of **** in their songs, you should check em out.
what the hell. where is Arsis on that list?
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
i hate it personally just too cluttered and just doesn't sound nice.
the faceless to me are deathcore and i dont mind a few of their songs (an autopsy, hypocrisy).
EDIT= i also like cryptopsy
i mainly just saw beneath the massacre on the list and i find nothing musical about them
I will definitely check out Born Of Osiris my man thanks

Oh wow I can't believe I forgot Arsis. They ****ing own too.
Necrophagist is brilliant.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
Quote by Eternal_One
Necrophagist is brilliant.

I love every song they've done so far

Can't wait for the new album
Amazing if done right, but i find most tech death bands very mediocre and tame. Pierced From Within is the best Tech Death album imo.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by PanteraRapesYou
Tech Death ****ing owns, I loves the faceless and necrophagist :O! There's this band called Born Of Osiris.. They're kinda death core ish but have a lot of meshuggah/necrophagist type of **** in their songs, you should check em out.

Born of Osiris are garbage, imo.

Here's some tech death bands to check out:
Origin
Spawn of Possession
Odious Mortem
Psycroptic

All four kick ass.
I quite honestly hate tech death. Aside from Cynic and Atheist, it's boring as hell.

Look at Necrophagist. I cant call them death metal, I think of them as Muhammed have a wank fest. They mask this with death growls and blastbeats, but it's really not very death metal.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Tech death is pretty cool, but it can get really boring after continuous listens. I wouldn't be able to listen to an entire tech death album lol. Unless it has lots of progressive elements, like Atheist, Cynic, Vale of Pnath, Psypheria etc.

Stuff like Necrophagist just gets boring to me after a while.

That being said... I need moar tech death
Quote by Burning_Angel
I quite honestly hate tech death. Aside from Cynic and Atheist, it's boring as hell.

Look at Necrophagist. I cant call them death metal, I think of them as Muhammed have a wank fest. They mask this with death growls and blastbeats, but it's really not very death metal.

Remove me from your sig now.....
Quote by Magero

You are not worthy of my presence, peon.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Decrepit Birth are pretty good.

I love Days of Perversion though. They have some of my favorite solos.
Everybody get the Vale of Pnath EP now, if you don't already have it.
Facebook.com/Notafluke
Quote by zigz407
Everybody get the Vale of Pnath EP now, if you don't already have it.

While getting it I seen this

wow, my band is band of the month on some random website, nice! i dont even care that you help people download our stuff for free haha. i feel kind of honored if anything
-alan

Thought that was pretty cool.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
love necrophagist
love theory in practice, but i can only listen to them for a song before i get overwhelmed
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Origin, Decapitated, Nile, Suffocation, The Faceless, and Necorphagist are my favorite tech death bands. Spawn of Possession, Odious Mortem, Psycroptic and Beneath the Massacre all kick ass as well.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
Quote by eazy-c
While getting it I seen this

Thought that was pretty cool.

He is actually a member of UG too, even though he has made only 2 posts.

I need to get some Quo Vadis.
Facebook.com/Notafluke
What is with all the Vale of Pnath fellatio on this website? I don't really see how it's that great.
^Idk, I heard good things about it, im currently torrenting it, I get back to you on it. I heard it was like a mix between Hate Eternal and Cephalic Carnage.
Quote by RedDeath9
Tech death is pretty cool, but it can get really boring after continuous listens. I wouldn't be able to listen to an entire tech death album lol. Unless it has lots of progressive elements, like Atheist, Cynic, Vale of Pnath, Psypheria etc.

Stuff like Necrophagist just gets boring to me after a while.

That being said... I need moar tech death

glad I introduced you to Psypheria... did you find their album Embrace the Mutation yet? So sweet stuff.

Also heres my list of great tech death bands:
Continuo Renacer
Sadist
Quo Vadis
Spawn of Possession
Psycroptic
Neuraxis
Psypheria
Necrophagist
Atheist
Cynic
Pestilence
Nocturnus
Martyr
Watchtower (tech thrash )
Excarnum
Behold...the Arctopus (one of my favs )
Decrepit Birth
Odious Mortem
Blotted Science
Archons
Anata
Arsis
Vale of Pnath
Spastic Ink

EDIT: **** forgot Origin. deffinetely one of my new favorites too.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Last edited by bootyguard at Jul 27, 2008,
Quote by diminishedtobme
^Idk, I heard good things about it, im currently torrenting it, I get back to you on it. I heard it was like a mix between Hate Eternal and Cephalic Carnage.

In my opinion it sounds a bit more like "Behold...The Arctopus" meets death metal.
Tech death generally bores me, but Cynic is one of my favorite bands, probably also because of the jazz breaks, and the robot voice of course.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Tech Death is awesome if it is done right. Bands who do it right are Arsis, Necrophagist, Origin, Cynic, Decapitated, Nile (a mixture of brutal Death and Tech Death), Atheist, and Cynic. There are a bunch of crappy bands who tend to write songs just to show off insane guitar playing and these bands are destroying the genre.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
Quote by TheMantipede
^ You put Cynic twice in that list.

Haha! I just noticed that, but the poster below you is right. No edit!
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
I was going to get the Cryptopsy logo of the dragon on my shoulder...then they came out with their new cd...changed my mind fast.

Their old stuff is phucking fenomenal though.
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

Quote by visa
That made absoulutely no sense how do you tie your shoes in little nazi's?
You have said that in two threads now. While I do think technical death metal is the best of all death metal genre's, it can really be too much at time's.

Sometimes I feel like going to them, if you just put in this one simple heavy bit here, it will make everything else sound much crazier in comparison.

But as it is, most of the time most of the parts get lost in the quagmire of riffs, pinches and sweeps.
Quote by Magero

Lol, well, I shouldnt say I hate it. Some of it is very cool, but I cant listen to it for an extended period of time without getting bored.

Blotted Science, Spastic Ink, and more proggy tech 'death' is cooler though (Blotted Science esoecially). Quo Vadis and Watchtower are cool too.

I just dont like bands that come off as one big musical masturbation session.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Woohoo I love a good Tech Death band. Origin, Atheist, Crytopsy, Psycroptic, Cynic, Arsis, Nile, Spawn of possession, Death? idk if you could count them as Tech DM though.... oh and Atheist. AGAIN. I love Kelly Shaefer(sp?) Oh yeah and Neuraxis. Bands like Necrophagist though I tend to get a bit bored with honestly it sounds too robotic? sometimes, and not in the super awesome Meshuggah way