but i have a question about forum rules in general, i dont come here as often as some people so i dont know everything. what happens when a thread gets reported?? if someone reports me for this than please explain where i can ask this question without getting closed or reported. my question is if you make a thread thats already been made before do you get warned or banned, that would be harsh if you ask me because there are a lot of times i use the search bar and come up with nothing because im not using the right terminology, or does your thread just get closed and we move on no questions asked? again if you want to do your little *reported*s or whatever please tell me where is the right place to say this i came here because it said Q and A and in the rules sticky it said this is the place to ask about rules and stuff.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
I'm pretty sure the mods read your post and ban you/warn you/do nothing depending on the post. If someone reports you without a proper reason, I'm pretty sure you will receive no sanction.
Real men don't need sigs.
Quote by fagelamusgtr

yea it should but it doesnt, it says you can get warned for posting in a reported thread (which i mgiht add is a bit rediculous because the person reporting isnt always doing it for a good reason) it doesnt say what happens if you make a thread that has already been done before, for instance i search bared a flying V thread and never found one but there was one so my thread got reported and closed and i was off by one word which is why i got nothing in teh search bar.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
4)??????
When a thread is reported an email with links to the thread and the reported post, as well as the reason the person gave for reporting it, are emailed to the moderator. They then look and decide what to do.

If your thread was reported for being a duplicate thread or because it's in the wrong place it will probably just be closed or moved. When users get warnings it tends to be for doing something more, such as when users deliberately ignore explicit rules and mods' posts to repeatedly remake closed threads.

When you're using the search, use the proper search located between the Control Panel and the quick search bar, you can make more refinements.

The 'no posting in reported threads' rule is there for a good reason. Mods can't be online all the time. If a thread is made that is breaking the rules and should be closed or deleted, it should be *reported* by a user and then left to drop down the forum being replaced by legitimate threads, until a mod has the time to see to it.

Unfortunately users often continue posting in these threads, constantly bumping them above the legit threads. It's a particular problem in the pit, where people will make spam, trolling, advertising etc. type threads which are *reported* and should be left, but aren't, hence we have a rule and punishment.
Quote by Fuzzbox91
it says you can get warned for posting in a reported thread (which i mgiht add is a bit rediculous because the person reporting isnt always doing it for a good reason)

the bolded part is the important part.

if the report isn't valid then you won't get a warning. If you read the rules it's usually very easy to work out if a report is valid or not. In the cases where it isn't obvious I'd advise that you err on the side of caution.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Burpin'Worm
When a thread is reported an email with links to the thread and the reported post, as well as the reason the person gave for reporting it, are emailed to the moderator. They then look and decide what to do.

If your thread was reported for being a duplicate thread or because it's in the wrong place it will probably just be closed or moved. When users get warnings it tends to be for doing something more, such as when users deliberately ignore explicit rules and mods' posts to repeatedly remake closed threads.

When you're using the search, use the proper search located between the Control Panel and the quick search bar, you can make more refinements.

The 'no posting in reported threads' rule is there for a good reason. Mods can't be online all the time. If a thread is made that is breaking the rules and should be closed or deleted, it should be *reported* by a user and then left to drop down the forum being replaced by legitimate threads, until a mod has the time to see to it.

Unfortunately users often continue posting in these threads, constantly bumping them above the legit threads. It's a particular problem in the pit, where people will make spam, trolling, advertising etc. type threads which are *reported* and should be left, but aren't, hence we have a rule and punishment.

thanks, that really cleared it up
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????