36 51%
No
5 7%
How the **** would i know
30 42%
Voters: 71.
Page 1 of 2
Hey pit..

Ok so today i found out i have been diagnosed with borderline personality. And they said seek a psychiatrist and get medication but i really dont think it will help in any way. And also i would find it hard opening up to some random person ive never met.

does anyone else in the pit have it? and have they gained anything from therepy?

thanks
Sigs Are For Pussies
You need to find the right therapist for you. I'm 20. Over the last seven years or so I've had 9 or 10 therapists. Some were great, others were really crap.
I'd say that the RIGHT therapist would help, but like smb said some will be bad...
Yea, their doctors. Everybody always says oh well their just trying to make $$$. They dont go to med school just to spew out random stuff. If they say do something you should do it theres reasons why. I would go to another doctor and get a second opinion, and go from there. And trust me!!! The ones who say they dont need help 95% of the time DO! I know from exp.
Quote by smb
You need to find the right therapist for you. I'm 20. Over the last seven years or so I've had 9 or 10 therapists. Some were great, others were really crap.

Quote by Birdy266
I'd say that the RIGHT therapist would help, but like smb said some will be bad...

yeah i guess its just luck but thanks for the advice guys

and to the people who asked what it is. i couldnt really tell you because i didnt know i had it untill today... but remember wikipedia is your friend
Sigs Are For Pussies
If you really have to ask, then the answer is yes.

Edit: +1 to smb
Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join
Yeah, do it. I've always thought it sounded quite fun, I want to go.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
I've been told I'm bipolar (which I'm not) and Schizophrenic (sp?) *which I'm also not* AND been told I need a therapist by many people. Went to one, I drove her up the wall because I started analyzing her

They all say that merely because I behave differently, if you could explain the situation, we may be able to help you out.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Well sure dude.

I'm schizophrenic, and I don't have a therapist.

Of cousre, i've tried to kill myself more times than I can count...
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
Quote by valennic
I've been told I'm bipolar (which I'm not) and Schizophrenic (sp?) *which I'm also not* AND been told I need a therapist by many people. Went to one, I drove her up the wall because I started analyzing her

They all say that merely because I behave differently, if you could explain the situation, we may be able to help you out.

Yea this is really the guy you want to listen to right here bahahaha! *sarcasm*
I can't say I have had the same thing as you, but I have suffered from many psychological problems raging from depression to schizophrenia and therapy has helped loads. I have been seeing doctors for years now to help me with my personality issues and everytime a difficult situation arisis, I just think, what would Jesus do? Or more aptly, what would my therapist say if she were here?
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy was particuarly effective.
Quote by valennic
I drove her up the wall because I started analyzing her
I bet you thought you were being really clever I do pity people in the medical profession who have their time wasted by attention seeking idiots.
Quote by smb
I bet you thought you were being really clever I do pity people in the medical profession who have their time wasted by attention seeking idiots.

+1

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by valennic

haha sounded fun :P

my sitution is well i have been depressed for about 2 years and i basicly have no self esteem and ive tried comiting suicide once im really passive, i feel really empty like and i wake up in the morning and i feel my life is meaningless

i have nothing to be depressed about i just am
Sigs Are For Pussies
Quote by antman4

my sitution is well i have been depressed for about 2 years and i basicly have no self esteem and ive tried comiting suicide once im really passive, i feel really empty like and i wake up in the morning and i feel my life is meaningless

Well in THAT case you should probably see a professional. Dont do the dickhead thing that I did though, I felt like an ass afterwords.

In these kinds of cases it's best to actually see someone about it and get some medication. My best friend is in random bouts of depression at the moment, and he has frequent panic attacks. He's going to see a therapist soon, and he's going to be taking some medication.

So, my advice is to see a professional, and get some medication to help you out.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by antman4

Yeah, see a therapist.

Quote by valennic
So, my advice is to see a professional, and get some medication to help you out.

Happy pills don't work.

Oscar Wilde
Thanks for the advice guys... I really didnt expect serious answers from the pit
Sigs Are For Pussies
Quote by Meths
Yeah, see a therapist.

Happy pills don't work.

They seem to be working for my friend, but I'm really not going to argue with you. I've seen your arguments, you end up mind raping the other person. I'll just take your word for it.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I've tried quite a lot of different medications. In my experience they're more trouble than they're worth.

Of course, I'm not you.
I think it would be a good idea for you to see a therapist.

But sometimes it's best just to use your own judgement.
Theres so many people suffering from panic attacks and depression these days that doctors are finding it increasingly difficult to keep up. But in a way, it has helped them become more accurately responsive, due to their added experience.

Seek help and talk about your problems. If you genuiley do feel like crap every day and your not just saying it, then by all means, seek help, because the simple fact is, it will help!

Try and simplify your life, that is one way to help with any sort of mental problem. If you deny this statement and refuse to except it then I refuse to except that you are a person who suffers daily - someone who is genuine looks for any reason and cause for their problems, and more importantly, desperately tries to fix it in any way they can (thats why people harm themselves physically; they are looking for answers in the wrong places; but your desperate when you are like that - 'A tidy room means a tidy mind'. Its very simple, I didn't believe it could work for a start, but having these little goals in life and keeping those occupied and collected, your mind then follows suit.
Quote by smb
I've tried quite a lot of different medications. In my experience they're more trouble than they're worth.

Of course, I'm not you.

what side effects did you get off the medication
Sigs Are For Pussies
dude i would get this sorted
the sooner you get it done
the easier things will become later on in life
i could get worse, it could not

but get it treated and it wont be a bother at all once youve found the right medication and therapist

good luck
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Last edited by XCount Me InX at Jul 27, 2008,
Quote by valennic
They seem to be working for my friend, but I'm really not going to argue with you. I've seen your arguments, you end up mind raping the other person. I'll just take your word for it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2008/feb/26/mentalhealth.medicalresearch

Don't tell your friend though. That stops the placebo effect working...

Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2008/feb/26/mentalhealth.medicalresearch

Don't tell your friend though. That stops the placebo effect working...

Whoa.

So the only thing that's actually working about these pills is that they're making the patients THINK that they're working? In other words that placebo effect you mentioned?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
Whoa.

So the only thing that's actually working about these pills is that they're making the patients THINK that they're working? In other words that placebo effect you mentioned?

Yeah.

Sorry if anyone here is on them and has become totally disillusioned.

Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
Yeah.

Thanks for showing me that though....that's just crazy.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by antman4

Side effects vary from drowsiness - the most potent - fatigue, sexual impotence - very rare - mood swings, increased suicidal thoughts - but this is only in the first month or so - confusion, dry mouth, cracking lips - I have had this problem for ages now - soar throat, and maybe aching limbs. These are associated with anti depressants, which cover many fields of mental disabilities, not just depression.
Quote by Meths
Yeah.

oh god your going to make alot of people depressed now
Sigs Are For Pussies
Quote by antman4
Sertraline (zoloft) made me really high and energetic. It was literally like taking ecstasy with breakfast every day. Quetiapine (seroquel) made me really forgetful and drowsy and feeling very detached. It also stopped my mouth making saliva so I had to drink a lot of water and chew gum all the time.

Your experience would probably be different, but I find it easier just to do without these days.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Side effects vary from drowsiness - the most potent - fatigue, sexual impotence - very rare - mood swings, increased suicidal thoughts - but this is only in the first month or so - confusion, dry mouth, cracking lips - I have had this problem for ages now - soar throat, and maybe aching limbs. These are associated with anti depressants, which cover many fields of mental disabilities, not just depression.

sexual impotence?

I think i live without the medication
Sigs Are For Pussies
Quote by antman4
I think i live without the medication
I'd recommend getting the information from your doctor and doing the research on whatever drug you may be prescribed yourself and not deciding that medication isn't for you based on a couple of posts on the internet. After all, the possible side effects of asprin don't sound that fun.

The very fact that you have some kind of mental disorder to start with shows that your brain doesn't react in the way other people's do. I've had friends have very different experiences of drugs I've been unsuccessfully prescribed. I've also had friends not do very well with therapists I've recommended. You just have to see what works best for you.
lol. Don't worry about it dude. Its funny really, it actually makes sex better. Takes you longer to ejaculate.

Sorry if that offends anyone.
Quote by smb
I'd recommend getting the information from your doctor and doing the research on whatever drug you may be prescribed yourself and not deciding that medication isn't for you based on a couple of posts on the internet. After all, the possible side effects of asprin don't sound that fun.

The very fact that you have some kind of mental disorder to start with shows that your brain doesn't react in the way other people's do. I've had friends have very different experiences of drugs I've been unsuccessfully prescribed. I've also had friends not do very well with therapists I've recommended. You just have to see what works best for you.

Thanks for the advice i guess im just going to have to go through the counselling and that
Sigs Are For Pussies
It depends. Don't go to therapy unless YOU want to. If you end up not thinking of it as a chore, and actually open up to your therapist, it can be a really inspiring ordeal. Could help you out a pretty good deal.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
"Yes Alex I'll take 'The Rapists' for 500"
Quote by Crimzin3
The Myth: Mesa amps were given to us by God, and sound as such.
The Truth: True. God is the CEO and Jesus does QC at Mesa...yup.

Last edited by Explicit User at Jul 27, 2008,
Page 1 of 2