Every time i here this question i always reply with, " It's a long story," or even, "PSSHH, I don;t know."

So I was just wondering how people get into metal, or really and other types of music.

(from your parents, sibling, cousin, friend, internet, tv, movie)

HOW?
friends recommended metallica. from there it kinda took off
I sure could use a vacation from this bullshit three-ring circus sideshow world.

Ibanez RG2 EX1 (Black)
Line 6 Spider II 75w
Sekova Mandolin
Team Custom Traditional 4 string bass
Yamaha E403 keyboard
My Last.fm
Myspace
i didnt
Quote by .arkness:.
I see my guitar as a chick because I'd be damned if i were ever holding / fingering a guy for hours a day.

...yeeup
one fateful day back in 98 my sister and I were hanging out, when she put in this cd, and I heard the most wonderful noise I'd ever experienced at that my point in my life. The intro to a song called suite-pea. From then on i was in love.
wouldn't this be better suited in the metal forum?
And you can't spell funeral
without fun
hope you had a good time
cuz now your life is done
yeah. if the title was "how did you get into hardcore" it'd be different.

move it to the metal forum. and before you go and post a "how did you get into hardcore" thread, do a search because there has been a couple.
coming to terms with an inevitable death.
I put threads in the right forums, that's how
Seriously, my cousin got me into Morbid Angel at the age of like 10
ohai little sig.
Quote by tomohawkjoe
wouldn't this be better suited in the metal forum?

just what i was thinking
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
i was downloading a discography of SOAD for a friend, then i wanted to listen to the stuff that he was listening, and i liked aerials very much, and from that time it goes on, all of SOAD->alternative bands->heavy->metalcore->thrash->death, black.
Quote by kaktusnpoop

didnt care so much for the gas side

METALS AND NOBLE GASES ARE FOR PUSSIES. GO POLYHYDROGENOUS COMPOUNDS! WOOOOOOOOOOO
Quote by rdellis
Metaloids ftw.

Antimony is the lamest element ever.

It doesn't blow up, radiate, or do anything cool.

So they use it to harden lead? BFD. At least lead kills you.
Just a natural progression from the backstreet boys all the way to necrophagist.
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
Quote by rdellis
Metaloids ftw.

**** YEA SILICON
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
BOSS DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker
Well we started out as friends and one thing turned to another and next thing you know, she was in me and I was in her.
I find metal bland and emotionless. Needless to say, I haven't gotten into it yet for about the same reasons I haven't gotten into music before the 19th century, and I probably won't.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
My mate got me into rock, then i started listening to linkin park but i wanted heavier **** so i started listening to metalcore, Hardcore and thrash metal. I still listen to alt metal bands like korn but not really linkin park anymore.
Quote by supafreak
My mate got me into rock, then i started listening to linkin park but i wanted heavier **** so i started listening to metalcore, Hardcore and thrash metal. I still listen to alt metal bands like korn but not really linkin park anymore.

dude dont reply to this
this should be in the METAL group and not in here by any means
Quote by supafreak

Congratulations. You're the new "worst poster".
I don't remember exactly how it started, but I think it had something to do with traveling up north with my dad and he had a few Metallica songs on some of his CDs. I liked them, so I started getting into all the 80's metal bands. Eventually I grew out of them and started listening to heavier stuff.
Steel and Iron.

And other various ferrous compounds.
why the **** is this still open

this is the HARDCORE section NOT the METAL section
i used to hate all "screaming music" as many non-hardcore and metal listeners call it haha

but my friends offered me a free ticket to bamboozle 2007, and i figured, why not?

so i went, and i saw devil wears prada, haste the day, norma jean, and some others.

the raw energy of the live show that is found in these genres was enthralling to me.

ever since, thats basically all i've been listening to.
my friend is a metallica freak
got it from her
my other friend is a slayer freak
got it from him
heard slipknot on the radio
got into them
just by hearing something and looking it up on the internet until i found that song
then got more songs from the band
and then i just go from there =]