You've probably seen this thread before, but it always gets filled with a "Don't do it man, thats a great amp!" But I'm really thinking about downsizing from my Orange 2x12 and my Mesa Boogie Roadster.

I want something I can pick up and carry anywhere. I like changing environments when I play for some reason and I can't move my stuff.

I'm really wanting a professional opinion and not something like what I said earlier. I want something I can crank at home, something smaller lightweight and doesn't take up so much room.

If I did decide to sell I could get like $2000 ish from my head and cab, I was thinking of a little giant, but people have always said that's a huge downgrade. I'm confuseddd
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
get an AC30 man!

nice size, great tone, freakin LOUD for a 30 watt amp!

check it out. you can pick one up for $800 brand new (combo).
2005 PRS McCarty (20th Anniversary Edition)
Custom 67' Tele w/Bigsby
Gibson Les Paul Double Cut Standard
Larivee Acoustic
Fractal Audio Axe Fx II
Apogee Ensemble
Yamaha HS80s
The little giant is a downgrade. Not in terms of size exactly but in quality. You have very nice gear, look into equally nice gear but smaller. Fuchs makes alot of low-wattage combo's that absolutely kill.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
A little giant would definitely be a downgrade. If you have that much cash to drop ( i understand, however, if you're anything like me you wouldn't wanna spend all that money on an amp), i would be looking at smaller boutique combos.
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
BUDDA SUPERDRIVE SERIES TWO all tube amp 1x12 combo 2x12 combo or a head available also in many different wattages
everyone hates this little yellow dude
Bad things are always hapenning to him :
Well another reason I don't like having it, it's sitting here and I look at it and say wow, I spend like 2 grand on that.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Mesa do a small 5 watt i think, also maybe a lonestar? they can go switch watts to as low as 10.
I play like modern pop rock/punk, Blink, Sum 41, rock, some metalcore.. I like classic rock too.

so you obviously want a combo, try getting a boutique combo. or look at ceriatone amps, they remake all of the old and awesome marshalls and they have combos that wont break the bank(way less than 2000 dollars) and sound like vintage amps
I do like a modern tone, it's primarily what I use.. and I DO like my amp, i just hate the fact that theres $2000+ sitting here. And thats why I want to downsize.

Quote by tr3nt
Well another reason I don't like having it, it's sitting here and I look at it and say wow, I spend like 2 grand on that.

Yea, i sometimes get that with the PRS. Then you realise that it's the most amazing thing you've ever seen/owned and the worries seem to go away.
Current Gear:

PRS Custom 24 (Whale Blue)
Jackson KVX10 (With SD Blackouts)
Line 6 POD XT Live
Quote by SilentMoose
Yea, i sometimes get that with the PRS. Then you realise that it's the most amazing thing you've ever seen/owned and the worries seem to go away.

True, I think it's cool, besides the fact I can never turn it up past like .5, and I'm not a touring artist to have an amp like they do. I don't need something like this, I regret buying it kinda..

I understand that you are having buyers remorse alongside with wanting to get something more movable, but I highly recommend thinking long and hard before getting rid of what you have if you already like the tone. You have the options of using attenuators, smaller cabs, cab simulators or all of the above to make your rig more movable and more viable for home use. If you really like the Roadster, I could also recommend selling it, buying the combo version, and getting an attenuator. However, that's all dependent on that you can get past the buyers remorse.
Quote by xVSxNightmare
I understand that you are having buyers remorse alongside with wanting to get something more movable, but I highly recommend thinking long and hard before getting rid of what you have if you already like the tone. You have the options of using attenuators, smaller cabs, cab simulators or all of the above to make your rig more movable and more viable for home use. If you really like the Roadster, I could also recommend selling it, buying the combo version, and getting an attenuator. However, that's all dependent on that you can get past the buyers remorse.

I thought about an attenuator, but thats just adding $200 more to my already insanely high priced rig.

Is the Tiny Terror combo out yet?

That might be something to look at. It's nice and portable. You should be able to crank it. It has great cleans to great metal tones(with a boost).

I don't know a ton about low watt boutique amps though, there could be something better. I think a Little Giant might be too much of a downgrade.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
The TT combo is going to be like $800.. Hmm.

Still louddd too, I'll check it out tho, I love TT's.

There's loads of boutique options you could go with. On the topic of Orange, you could try out some matamps (though don't know what their value is like in the USA). Also look at the Fuchs suggested etc...
Get researching!
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Well, I'm thinkin that you are probably gonna lose a bit of versitility going from a Roadster to something else, but I highly recommend giving a this a try and then buying on Ebay if you like it. I personally have never used one, but I hear that it is a super versatile amp for it's price range (Third to the Roadster and Roadking, respectively.). If you do that, you'll have downsized with just a bit of tone compromise, you'll retain versatility, you'll gain mobility, and you may not feel bad about buying an attenuator.
Quote by tr3nt
The TT combo is going to be like $800.. Hmm.

Still louddd too, I'll check it out tho, I love TT's.

Is that too much money? or too little?

With the TT you get 15 watt and 7 watt so its fairly loud but still crankable.

You could always just buy a little practice amp maybe? Something cheap and portable, but I don't know if thats going to do it for you. Then you could keep the Roadster.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
The Boogie RoadKing has a combo. If you don't want another Mesa you could Look in to Top Hat. Light Boutique high quality amps.
Sig What?
Well I just talked to my dad about downsizing and it's a no go. =\. He said considering I spent all the time researching and finding it and saving my money he wants me to keep it. Blah. Lol.