I just recently bought a Peavey Valveking 112 for 200$ and I'm thinking about replacing the power tubes and preamp tubes. Am I able to do this myself, or will I need to rebias my amp?

I don't want to pay a tech to change the bulbs on my amp.

Also, what tubes would you recommend for a Gilmour-esque tone?
Good deal.

Yeah you can do it yourself. Valvekings cannot be rebiased, so it's just a matter of changing lightbulbs. Go for a set of JJs from Eurotubes.

You should also replace the poor stock speaker, which will arguably make a bigger difference than tubes also... Go for a Veteran 30 from Warehouseguitarspeakers.com - it's a clone of a Celestion Vintage 30 but at a brilliant price.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
^^ Eh, I'm not really a fan of JJs in the preamp of my Peavey DB. I'd spring for Electro-Harmonix tubes, maybe. I've also heard good things about Tung-Sol preamp 12AX7s, although I can't say from first-hand experience.
Quote by cokeisbetter
^^ Eh, I'm not really a fan of JJs in the preamp of my Peavey DB. I'd spring for Electro-Harmonix tubes, maybe. I've also heard good things about Tung-Sol preamp 12AX7s, although I can't say from first-hand experience.
Delta Blues = Completely different to a Valveking. The VK needs all the warmth it can get. It's quite a cold sounding amp stock, so the midrange warmth and high gain of the JJs are a good match for it, as opposed to the naturally soft and warm sounding Delta Blues in which I can easily imagine it getting a bit mushy.
now-a-days, its hit and miss with ALL brand tubes, I've used used standard chinese made el34's that were amazing and then 1 year later the same make and model of tubes were horse ****. You can put a set of JJ's in and you'll get 100 different opinions on the way it sounds. The word on the street right now is JJ's (euros) arent up to par but i just put a set of euros in my amp and I was very very pleased. Good luck!
"People worry too much about tone instead of just rocking out"
Quote by JaredFace
You can put a set of JJ's in and you'll get 100 different opinions on the way it sounds. The word on the street right now is JJ's (euros) arent up to par but i just put a set of euros in my amp and I was very very pleased.
That's just difference in opinion. There is no 'word on the street' that they are 'not up to par' at all, there are just better tubes out these if you're willing to spend more money and such.
Quote by MrCarrot
That's just difference in opinion. There is no 'word on the street' that they are 'not up to par' at all, there are just better tubes out these if you're willing to spend more money and such.

Good job on echoing what I just said. And yes you can actually grade a tube on how well they will perform (electronic) wise.
"People worry too much about tone instead of just rocking out"
I'd go for JJ's in the power amp and Tung-sol in the preamp
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects: