hello UG. i have a few questions for you. ok so, will a fender frontman 212 be loud enough for gigging? (small to medium areas). or would it be worth it to spend the extra couple hundred and buy a marshall mgdfx100 half stack? your help would be greatly appreciated.
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
my budget is 400 dollars...i can push 600, but ths a stretch. and my style ranges from classic rock, to punk to metal...well, really anything. so, if both are crap, what should i go with?
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

used classic 30, or (sigh) a valveking, its better then wha tyou suggested and plenty loud

the marshall mg is like herpes, you dont want it

the fender is pretty bad i bought it and i returned it 3 days later for a tube amp

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

nah dude. go with the frontman. my lead guitarist (we played punk, ska, i played metal on it) used it for a coupla house gigs. thats next to a line 6 amp, a hartke 100 watt bass amp, and my drums. and you could hear everything he was playin. from exp., id say the frontman.
Quote by kaizerkhan13
nah dude. go with the frontman. my lead guitarist (we played punk, ska, i played metal on it) used it for a coupla house gigs. thats next to a line 6 amp, a hartke 100 watt bass amp, and my drums. and you could hear everything he was playin. from exp., id say the frontman.

Get out, just get out now.
for what you want the frontman can pull it off. not the best tone in the world but if youre like me there may not be a place anywhere within 200 miles where you can get used guitar gear. but if at all possible go for a used tube amp or a new valveking.
Hey, it's not bad. Good loudness, best cleans out there for a SS amp. And good cleans mean a good base for effects. Go with it.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
ok, thanks guys. i looked up all of your suggestions and they were still out of my budget, so frontman it is.
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

Quote by iheartprog
for what you want the frontman can pull it off. not the best tone in the world but if youre like me there may not be a place anywhere within 200 miles where you can get used guitar gear. but if at all possible go for a used tube amp or a new valveking.

Why should he have to settle on a Frontman when there are plenty of good amps new in his price range?

Like Iceman said, check out the B-52 AT100.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by vmanoman
ok, thanks guys. i looked up all of your suggestions and they were still out of my budget, so frontman it is.

Please don't get that amp, have some patience and you will get an amp you will like.

Getting that piece of wank fender frontman, you will regret it later because you will want a better tone.
Quote by vmanoman

What? There's no way that's possible. What site are you looking on?
Mitch Hedberg Group

Quote by Irnmaiden4life

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
im looking on musiciansfriend.com
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

Quote by ClementWave
Please don't get that amp, have some patience and you will get an amp you will like.

Getting that piece of wank fender frontman, you will regret it later because you will want a better tone.

tone is no problem to me. im a pedal freak. i only need an amp that can be loud. the tone and such will come with my pedals. (or an eq if needed)
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

Don't be an ignorant idiot, buy the Valveking over the Frontman. The Frontman is unspeakably crap.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by vmanoman
tone is no problem to me. im a pedal freak. i only need an amp that can be loud. the tone and such will come with my pedals. (or an eq if needed)

i quit

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Mitch Hedberg Group

Quote by Irnmaiden4life

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
*m sorry for double post

i OWNED the front man, LOOK at my pedal setup. it STILL has AWFUL tone pedals or not

its a **** amp man your wasting your money

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Quote by vmanoman

You're trolling right?

Do you have ANY idea what you just said?

Pedals are NOT the thing that should be contributing to your tone, the amps voicing will affect any pedal you put through it 100%.

You need an amp with good tone even if you plan to use pedals, your an '06 member and you still think FX are solely what make you sound good? Do you not read ANY threads on here?
ok. so no frontman. but will the valveking be heard over the drums and everything? like seriously, its 33 watts. i need something that can be heard over the drums, another guitar, a bass, and vocals.

i apologize for my ignorance on this matter, ive never had to buy an amp before. the only reason im getting one is cuz my amp that i used to have was stolen (it was a marshall jvm half stack, it was a gift). so first time actually buying an amp, sorry peoples.
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

Last edited by vmanoman at Jul 27, 2008,
im pretty sure the vk is 50 watts

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Quote by vmanoman
ok. so no frontman. but will the valveking be heard over the drums and everything? like seriously, its 33 watts. i need something that can be heard over the drums, another guitar, a bass, and vocals.
Tube amps = Much louder than SS.

I've actually gigged with a 5w tube amp through an 8" speaker before. With a full band.

Not to mention the VK is 50w tube. It will be if anything louder than the Frontman. The general rule is that if you multiply tube wattage by about 2.5x, that's the comparison in volume to an SS amp - this would make the VK equal in volume to a 125w SS amp. And it would sound a hell of a lot better.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by vmanoman

What are you on about? The Valveking is 50, but even then it's not the best choice.

If I were you, I'd go with the Crate V33, which IS 33 watts, and that is more than enough to be heard over a full band if not overpower them.

If you're still worried about being heard, then get the Crate V50, which is 50 watts and WILL be able to overpower the band. It's actually running 6L6s so it'd be voiced better for metal.
Mitch Hedberg Group

Quote by Irnmaiden4life

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.