Page 1 of 2
I'm sure I'm not alone when I find that during the summer, having finished an intense year of school/college/uni, you tend to stay up later and wake up later. This is all well and good, until you realise that you're fucked towards the end, when you have to revert to getting up early, and thus going to bed early.

Here's the proposal:-
Instead of forcing yourself to sleep earlier in order to enable getting up earlier; getting back into the 'groove' per se, you could instead go forwards, as it were. You could go to bed later, and get up later. This may seem counter intuitive, but if you kept doing this, you would do the full circle, and you'd end up waking up at the right time, wouldn't you? By my calculations, you'd also gain 24 hours of sleep, leaving you refreshed for the coming term.

This would render you nocturnal for a while, but hey, who needs the sun? For me, everything shifts forwards by about 5 hours during the holidays, so unfortunately, I'd have to go 19 hours forwards, instead of only 5 hours back; but in my opinion it'd be easier - going to bed later is more fun than forcing yourself to turn in earlier.

Note - this won't work if you have a job. Or friends.

Thoughts?
im terrible in the holidays
i dont get up till 2 most days

when im at uni i have to get up at 9 15 everyday so i think its just a case of me finally relaxing
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
I have always done this. I invariably spend a week or two nocturnal, the process is always the same. Every night I just stay up/sleep in progressively later.

The bad thing is I don't do it purposely.
I think that might work if you plan on on not seeing anyone for awhile.
Not exactly a quick fix... it'll take weeks to get back to normal with that plan. Better start now.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
I have a job. I'm up 2 hours earlier in the summer than I am during school
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Callicut
I think that might work if you plan on on not seeing anyone for awhile.

Does anyone here have friends IRL?

I don't think so, Bob.
live in alaska during the summer its vurtually light 24 hours a day

and in the winter they get about 6 hours of sunlight a day
Quote by InvaderTSN
Another way to get back to normal would be to stay awake for an entire day so that you're tired enough to fall asleep at any time.

the problem with this (i've done it) is that you then fall asleep and nap for 2 hours and can't get to sleep again later that night

i figure i'll just go to bed at 9 and take some sleeping pills
i have done that invadertsn
only thing is after i do get to sleep i cant get up cause i want more sleep
Quote by InvaderTSN
Another way to get back to normal would be to stay awake for an entire day so that you're tired enough to fall asleep at any time.

It doesn't work all the time. I've tried it enough times this past month. You feel like sh*t during the day, but then somehow you perk up when you hit your normal bedtime.
Quote by guitaruboy
the problem with this (i've done it) is that you then fall asleep and nap for 2 hours and can't get to sleep again later that night

i figure i'll just go to bed at 9 and take some sleeping pills

I just drink some coffee/other caffeine loaded substance halfway through so I have enough energy to make it to the night.
I do that every summer. One summer I stayed up for like 30+ hours until 9pm then past out. Then I was back on schedule for school. Last summer, the night before the first day of school, I went to bed at 10pm and got up at 1am. Couldn't fall asleep so by the time I got to school (8am) I was already up for 7hours...
lol I tried doing this a couple of weeks ago, staying up the whole night so I could fall asleep at a normal hour. I ended up crashing at about 9 in the morning after an exhaustive night of cleaning my room (because I couldn't come up with anything else to do in the middle of the night). My "normal" sleep schedule only lasted about a day, but at least my room was clean.
Becoming nocturnal for a while wouldn't work for me unfortunately. I need my nights out and whatnot.

I do need to sort a better sleeping regime though.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
thats how i am! i cant get to sleep so i stay on here till as late as 5am some times
wake up at like 11 30 and feel **** ALL day

then perk up about 10pm and do the same thing over and over
Mine is the worst it has ever been I sleep from about 2pm to 10pm and stay up the rest of the day/night.
LOL one time i dont know when i went to bed but i slept untill 4pm! i woke up and couldnt believe the time. i felt so bad wasting the day....coz then it got dark 2 hours later after i woke up :/
Quote by XCount Me InX
LOL one time i dont know when i went to bed but i slept untill 4pm! i woke up and couldnt believe the time. i felt so bad wasting the day....coz then it got dark 2 hours later after i woke up :/

Hahaha! Thats weak dude. I got up a 6pm today. I went to bed at noon and was up for over 43 hours. Ahh the wonders of drugs...
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Becoming nocturnal for a while wouldn't work for me unfortunately. I need my nights out and whatnot.

I do need to sort a better sleeping regime though.

Well, you do get your nights out. For a period of time.
Quote by I<3ChubbyCocks
Well, you do get your nights out. For a period of time.

But I'd need to be up earlier to be ready for said night out.

Plus I'm sure my parents would declare me insane
Quote by SteveHouse
In the summer my sleeping pattern is usually 6am - 4pm , it does get annoying at times, its good when your going out at about 7pm though :

When its close to heading back to college im just going to stay up all night then fall asleep at a normal ish time, hopefully it will work
Quote by InvaderTSN

this^

also helps with jet lag
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
I pretty much did this, but I did it uber fast.

See all my exams except the last one were 9-12, so my days were around 8-10pm to 2pm, but this last exam was 2.30-5.30, so after the last of my 9-12 exams I forced myself to stay up from about 10pm the night before to 10pm the day after, slept like a log til 8am the next day, presto change-o normal sleeping pattern. VERY hard to stay up 24 hours after major cramming sessions.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
But I'd need to be up earlier to be ready for said night out.

Plus I'm sure my parents would declare me insane

Pffft, how long do you girls take to prepare for a night out?
Quote by I<3ChubbyCocks
Pffft, how long do you girls take to prepare for a night out?

Not that long! I keep making myself late recently though, god knows how >__<
Quote by SteveHouse
Well done genius.

You've only arrived at the idea bout 50 years after everyone else

On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Little tip... if you want to go to sleep, don't cook off 8 hash browns and a bunch of chips like I just did.

....but I get so damn hungry at this time!
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Get back to your battered mars bars

Yes miss.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Well it's 20 to 3, I'm on the pit, and probably will be for some time, as i have been for most of the past week. And whenever I do try to go to sleep, It's bloody light and the birds in the nest just outside my window have started to wake up, then my dad goes out to work. And school starts in, ohh, a week? Great.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
thank god for this thread...

..heres me thinkin i was the only one
ironic that im typing this at quater to 3...
Bleh, i usually sleep until 15-16 (3pm-4pm for you bastards) before august, nothing to do and its been raining this week (rofl).
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

You could go to bed whenever you wanted then wake up early. That way you'd soon be sleep deprived enough to get to sleep at an earlier hour.
the most efficient method i have found is about too weeks before you need to start school again set your alarm for what time you need to wake up, and wake up at that time no matter what time you went to sleep. This way your body will readjust to get the amount of rest it needs.

Also, if you eat fast food or something similar, you will get tired soon after because your body will start to wear down as it digests the food.

At least thats how I do it.
Page 1 of 2