Page 1 of 2
He was probably my 2nd favorite of the King brothers behind Albert. He definitely had some chops.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
The greatest of the three kings. His tone was killer, and he had so much raw soul
How can you have 58251 views and 3070 replies in a John Mayer thread and only 33 views and 3 replies in a Freddie King thread.

I guess the Freddie King thread has a better reply to view ratio but everyone's what-rules- o-meter needs some serious adjustment
Quote by KonaNuNu
How can you have 58251 views and 3070 replies in a John Mayer thread and only 33 views and 3 replies in a Freddie King thread.

I guess the Freddie King thread has a better reply to view ratio but everyone's what-rules- o-meter needs some serious adjustment

My Peter Green thread slipped into the abyss yet Mayer just won't go away!

Freddie's versions of "Ain`t No Sunshine..." reduces me to a quivering mess every time I hear it!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=moxAvsN2HH0&feature=related
Freddie King is great. And Peter Green is one of my favorites. But Mayer is current.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Quote by slidething31
Freddie King is great. And Peter Green is one of my favorites. But Mayer is current.

I don't mind Mayer. He's pretty good white-bread, weekend blues. But the old guys like Freddie, Muddy et al, LIVED it. You can't really play/live the blues hauling down a few mill a year, dating starlets, driving a Porsche/Ferarri/Lambourghini and vacationing in Hawaii.
I disagree. A man can have the blues regardless of his material possessions and what not. Everyone feels **** sometimes. I wouldn't be begrudge anyone of playing the blues, especially John Mayer who plays it very VERY well because I know myself, being a white kid from Hull in the UK, ANYONE can get the blues and play like they mean it.

Blues as a genre is void of a necessary look, personality or lifestyle and that's what a lot of people love about it and why a lot of people turn to it. Sure, it started in the Delta with men who had more concerns than me but that doesn't mean I can't express myself through blues music just because I was more privileged as a child.

I think that's why most of us are here and why most of us love this music.

Wow, that was deep.
Quote by j_hunter_hkr
I disagree. A man can have the blues regardless of his material possessions and what not. Everyone feels **** sometimes. I wouldn't be begrudge anyone of playing the blues, especially John Mayer who plays it very VERY well because I know myself, being a white kid from Hull in the UK, ANYONE can get the blues and play like they mean it.

Blues as a genre is void of a necessary look, personality or lifestyle and that's what a lot of people love about it and why a lot of people turn to it. Sure, it started in the Delta with men who had more concerns than me but that doesn't mean I can't express myself through blues music just because I was more privileged as a child.

Wow, that was deep.

AMEN
Quote by j_hunter_hkr

Freddie's versions of "Ain`t No Sunshine..." reduces me to a quivering mess every time I hear it!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=moxAvsN2HH0&feature=related

Indeed, and I agree with you on anybody can have the blues.

Alan Lomax said that he had always tried to copy the hollers that he and his father recorded but could never do it, and it always felt wrong until he was in his first day of the army and had been up for 24 hours cleaning and doing drills. As he was washing dishes with his blistered hands in the boiling water he screamed out, and gave a holler of his own creation. A black drill sergeant looked at him (Lomax was ****ting himself as this point) and said "You sound like you from down home" and walked off.

Anybody seen this:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XAXTa381bes
one of my favorites is 'goin' down' purely because of the bass line. God that bassline could be a death metal bass line..
American Fender Strat
1979 Marshall Superlead
Real Mccoy Wizard Wah
Robert Keeley Boss Tremolo
Euthymia Crucible Fuzz
Fulltone OCD+Deja Vibe
Line 6 DL4
Analogman BC108
Prescription C.O.B

Im a Single Coil man
I'm suprised nobody has yet mentioned "Hideaway."
Quote by Arthur Curry
It's just The Man trying to bring down us negroes.

Quote by Yakult
Just go out in a silk dressing gown and ask them if they've ever been penetrated
I always think Hidaway when I think Freddie King.
Quote by matt92l
one of my favorites is 'goin' down' purely because of the bass line. God that bassline could be a death metal bass line..

Did he write that song?
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Quote by KonaNuNu

QFT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdyvPg0c6bI
boogie at the end of fourth of july weekend
Quote by j_hunter_hkr

Wow, that was deep.

Yeah, john lee hooker even said you don't need to have had a hard life to feel the blues in this interview. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRbtVpMn43I

You can skip ahead to hear the interview but i like the short song too. Point is, anyone can play blues if they feel it.
Quote by ze monsta
How many recordings did Freddie do with EC?

About half a dozen tracks on the Burglar LP.
Freddie King is awesome, probably the widest vocabulary of the three kings, legend in his own right
yah, amazing.
where did he got those collars? theyr massive
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Quote by cornmancer
I absolutley love Freddie, I just love the Albert and B.B. more.

I like collaborations with bb, not so much his solo stuff. He's such a great player in a group, makes everyone sound so much better, never tries to overpower or cut people off. Solo stuff's alright, just kind of lacking, imo of course.

Freddie's my favorite of the three, but albert's alright as well.
Quote by cornmancer
I absolutley love Freddie, I just love the Albert and B.B. more.

I prefer both Freddie and Albert over B.B
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Quote by pak1351
I like collaborations with bb, not so much his solo stuff. He's such a great player in a group, makes everyone sound so much better, never tries to overpower or cut people off. Solo stuff's alright, just kind of lacking, imo of course.

Freddie's my favorite of the three, but albert's alright as well.

you hear B.B.'s album with EC? called riding with the king...phenominal.
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
The solo on the intro of "same old blues" should be the definition of Blues Guitar
Quote by Mr.Cuddles
you hear B.B.'s album with EC? called riding with the king...phenominal.

yep, that's a real nice disc. I like a lot of jams and stuff with bb too, just can't get into his solo records.
Freddie King is one of my faves, ever. Great player and awesome singer. One of the bues gods
Quote by pak1351

I dunno man, B.B has a pretty large catalogue..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmWz2jEk8HI&feature=related

lacking? that intro solo = best tone EVAR

Quote by j_hunter_hkr

There's no justice in the world :<
Quote by carmour
I dunno man, B.B has a pretty large catalogue..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmWz2jEk8HI&feature=related

lacking? that intro solo = best tone EVAR

He can solo, but there's a reason he's always got a large band. I don't really think he can carry the song on his own. After his intro he didn't even play the guitar again.
He didn't need to? It's a blues song not a guitar wankfest

I have concluded your problem: You like blues guitar

not the blues
Quote by carmour
He didn't need to? It's a blues song not a guitar wankfest

I have concluded your problem: You like blues guitar

not the blues

lol, ok bud. I like plenty of songs with minimal guitar work, but I can't say bb is lacking because he can't play rhythm very well (by his own admission). Thanks for diagnosing my problem.

Gonna go listen to jlh wank away to 'key to the highway'
=pak1351 Thanks for diagnosing my problem.

No worries, will PM you bank account details for payment.

chur
Quote by WeeWeeKing
The solo on the intro of "same old blues" should be the definition of Blues Guitar

+ 1. Love that tune, so full of feeling and such intense groove.
Page 1 of 2