im looking for a new amp and after playing these two in guitar center i really like them. are these better then the spider III or will it have the same problems. also, both amps are 40 watts even though one has an extra speaker. whats the deal there?
it better than the Spider 3 yes
but for the price you can get much better
also, number speakers =/= wattage
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
I have the Spider Valve 112 and it's amazing. It sounds great and is awesome for live performance. I used it at my school's Battle of the Bands and it was great. The majority of the people here hate Line 6 amps, but I love using mine.
\m/ METAL! \m/
dont listen to everyone else on the bandwagon. the spider 3's arent THAT bad, but there not good. there some of the best modeling SS amps out. I think the Spider Valve series are VERY similar to the 3's only the Valve's sound way better at higher volumes. IMO the spider 3's volume and gain breaks up a **** load at volumes higher than 6.

The Valves sound better at higher volumes, but still dont forget, there not real, 100% tube amps. just take that into consideration
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by COBHC6
it better than the Spider 3 yes
but for the price you can get much better
also, number speakers =/= wattage

then whats the reason for having 2 instead of 1 if there isnt more output? is it for better playing at higher volumes?
Quote by necroscience13
then whats the reason for having 2 instead of 1 if there isnt more output? is it for better playing at higher volumes?

same amount of output, but through more speakers, therefore louder, and yes less chance of the signal being broken up at higher volumes
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Quote by Milaneus
Bad choice, asking UG about Line 6 amps...
I warned you...

Nice bandwagon.

They're alright amps, just a tad expensive.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
Nice bandwagon.

They're alright amps, just a tad expensive.

ok cool. are they reliable? because i dont want something crapping out in a year.
I have to say that the Spider valves are between the tone of the spider 3 and the flextone. Now it is ok, but it's not the greatest. And it is a "hybrid" amp, but it does get some tone warmth to it.
Most people here haven't even played one of them and are just anti Line6.

They're actually not too bad. Of course there is better, but they're still pretty decent depending on your needs.
Fender 60W Super-Sonic Head
Fender 2x12 Cabinet (Vintage 30s)
TC Electronics G Major
Boss Blues Driver BD-2 w/ Keeley mod
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

American Fender Stratocaster