Yay or nay for someone who is looking to capture a thick, Smashing Pumpkinish tone?

My amps (Fender Hot Rod Deluxe) distortion just doesn't do it and I've heard these pedals work well with other distortion pedals such as a Tone Driver overdrive.

any imput on them would be awesome, thanks
Nice beaver.

(. Y .) (. Y .)
Effing go for it, no questions asked.

Back when i was a fuzz-head it was my soul-mate, along with a DS1 to give it edge á la Mr Frusciante
Everyone says it's a love or hate pedal. Mine's busted, something's wrong with it, sounds like anus. But, if you buy one thatsworking, it will nail Corgan tone...
It will give you an ok smashing pumkins tone. I have one and I dont like it. It ethier has too much treble or too much bass.
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
Yea, I got a Hot Rod Deluxe too and I just bought a big muff a month ago. Keep the volume and tone at like 1 o'clock, the sustain at like 10 o'clock, use a strat, and you will replicate Corgan's sound.
Quote by Zex.
Everyone says it's a love or hate pedal. Mine's busted, something's wrong with it, sounds like anus. But, if you buy one thatsworking, it will nail Corgan tone...

do you use a tube amp
Gear:
Fender MIA Strat w/EMG SA's
Fender Super 60
Boss RT-20 Rotary Sim
Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay
EHX Big Muff

"Doctor Kindly Tell Your Wife
That I'm Alive, Flowers Thrive
Realise, Realise, Realise"
Hey brotha, im in the search for a new amp, and that hot rod is on my list. How would you say its working for you? How is it compared to others and hows the value?

As for the mig muff, so I dont jack your thread, I played one at the guitar store the other day, and let me tell you it delivered a very nice range or very raunchy distortion. I havent really heard the pumkins for a while, but it sounds like it might be right for you.
Billy Corgan's got an old 70s muff, and from what i've heard, the newer muffs can't replicate that tone as well. Look into Build Your Own Clone's Large Beaver, which is a Big Muff clone. You can build it yourself (just order the parts), and it's only 90 bucks, or you can buy through their licensed dealer and get a premade kit for like 100 or 110. The cool thing about them is that while building, you can choose to build it to the specs of either the Rams Head or the Triangle version of the vintage Big Muff.
i use my muff with a hrd and it sucks dick

get an ehx english muff'n. its like the big muff on steroids its worth the extra money

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Not only is it a yay, its a perfect. The Sovtek Muff is perfect for Smashing Pumpkins. I believe thats what Corgan used.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell