Not quite sure where this goes... sorry.

Alright so i was looking at some My Chemical Romance (please do not critisize the bands i listen to) tabs. In one of the songs the lead guitar part had something that looked like this...

D| 7
A| X
E| 5

Yeah... how exactly do i play that?

Oh, yeah. And in another song by MXPX it had songthing that looked like this...

D| 4 2 0
A| X X X
E| 3 3 3

Help would be greatly appreciated!!!
you hit the string, its fingered, but you dont let the noise come out, so you get the click sound
alright... i think i got the top part, now what about the bottom?

And i do know how to read tab, i just don't know what i'm supposd to do with my fingers on certain things...
Quote by hoootlilboy
you hit the string, its fingered, but you dont let the noise come out, so you get the click sound

whaaa???
Okay, soon as I explain you'll be like duh.
X

is the same exact thing as
except for the fact that with your third finger you don't hold down the fret so you mute the string in the middle. the x just means to mute.
Quote by RubbishGator101
alright... i think i got the top part, now what about the bottom?

take a look at the link i posted
You just mute the A string with your finger.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
That's called an octave chord. The 5 and 7 are the same notes. Anyway, use your first finger on the 5, then angle it so the fleshy part of the finger mutes the string right below it, then just hit the 7 with your ring finger.

For the bottom on, it's the same deal, mute the middle string with the first finger you put down, ( or at least the finger resting at the lowest pitch. )
Quote by Gizmo Factory
That's called an octave chord. The 5 and 7 are the same notes. Anyway, use your first finger on the 5, then angle it so the fleshy part of the finger mutes the string right below it, then just hit the 7 with your ring finger.

For the bottom on, it's the same deal, mute the middle string with the first finger you put down, ( or at least the finger resting at the lowest pitch. )

Technically not a chord, just a root and it's octave.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR