I'm in the US currently and i've found a head that I really like for a far better price than I can find it back in the UK, and I was wondering if there would be any compatability issues with my UK cabinet? I've racked my brain and the sales guy in the shop couldn't think of anything but is there anything you can think of? Thanks in advance
I don't claim to be an expert, but I think the only issue would be with the head and the power from the input socket from the hole in the wall- the heads have a different voltage in the US from the UK as far as I know. A 300 watt head is going to output the same amount of power into a US or a UK made cabinet with the same ohm rating.
Sorry to sound like an idiot but what would that result in? This is really a grey area for me. Thanks
To make it short, you'll fry your amp. Supplying the amp with the wrong voltage will be a quick way to end its life. You can get a transformer put in to alter the voltage but it'll void the warranty and no gaurantees it'll work how you want, depending on the amp.

Just on a side note, what amp is it? Because some heads have a voltage switch on the back.
The prog kid from way down under of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
What head is it?

It's possible to buy an adapter to go there...the UK has higher voltage than the US(240V I think?), and it seems like it'd be pretty simple to dumb that down to 120V
Nope, no sig here.
The head is the Gallien Krueger 700 RB-II and the Cab is the GK 210 RBH, i've had a pretty close look at the specs and I can't see any kind of voltage switch on the back, but i'm going to have a look again tomorrow and will check. Thanks for all your help
The voltage is lower in the US, so it won't make much difference. You just need an adapter.
If was the other way around you'd need a transformer/socket converter.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Yeah, the GK models don't have a voltage selector, however, just call up a GK dealer near your hometown and they will more than likely be able to just switch out the transformer. Luckily GK's are easily interchangeable. Problem solved
The prog kid from way down under of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.