Well I am looking to upgrade from my Godin freeway classic. Looking for something with a good locking tremolo and good quality and sound I am open minded when comes to shapes, and woods, etc. All guitars in my nearby shop are either begginer guitars or gibsons so I don't have much to compare to. Budget -$1000(CAD)
Gear:
-Peavey VTM 120
-Godin Lg (Dimarzio Evo2 and Air Norton)
-Fender MIM Strat with hotrails
-Custom Tele
-Dean Hardtail USA
-Dean 79 USA
the godin's quite nice actually.

might make more sense to spend on an amp, perhaps?

if you're against that, though, you could do worse than an ibanez rg1570 (if you get along with the skinny neck). if you have any cash left, you could maybe upgrade the pickups.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hmm I love that Godin Freeway!

You could get such an amazing amp... I mean, the Royal 8 and Cube are alright, but Godin makes some fine quality stuff, and who knows? A killer amp could improve your sound so much that you'll be glad you didn't part with it.
another option might be to upgrade the pickups in the freeway (which should be possible for $100-$200, i'd have thought), and then put the rest towards a new amp. you should be able to get a traynor ycv for that amount of money, i think.

it does depend on how badly he needs a locking trem, of course. if that's the reason for the purchase, it's gonna be hard to get that without getting a new guitar...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, if you really need the trem, then by all means, get a new guitar.

If not, you could get a very Canadian rig... Traynor YCV50Blue or YCV40, etc. plus a Godin. Mmmm.

Dave's idea is cool... a new amp and new pickups would probably completely redefine your tone, so much so that you'd be extremely pleased with your purchase, and wouldn't regret a thing.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sorry for the late response people. The thing is I don't need my freeway anymore. Even though I put a dime bucker in the bridge it isn't anywhere near my LG in terms of playability and sound, so I need something with a locking trem and either set or neck through that can match up to my LG. BTW I have a air norton in the neck of my LG and a tone zone in the bridge a really good combo for this guitar I must say.
Gear:
-Peavey VTM 120
-Custom Tele
-Dean Hardtail USA
-Dean 79 USA
why not look at the godin freeway floyd? I have been checking them out recently and must say i am impressed with the sound. Or maybe something ibanez like the rg1570 and just change the pickups.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by lwayneio
why not look at the godin freeway floyd? I have been checking them out recently and must say i am impressed with the sound. Or maybe something ibanez like the rg1570 and just change the pickups.

Well I am looking for a set neck or neck through guitar with original floyd or schaller. If only the Ibanez neck throughs weren't so expensive.
Gear:
-Peavey VTM 120
-Custom Tele
-Dean Hardtail USA
-Dean 79 USA
Quote by Mur
Well I am looking for a set neck or neck through guitar with original floyd or schaller. If only the Ibanez neck throughs weren't so expensive.

does it really have to be set neck or neck thru? whats wrong with bolt on? you could looks at the washburn x40 with has a schaller fr and seymour duncans but its bolt on. I think Jacksons will be worth a look or the Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by lwayneio
does it really have to be set neck or neck thru? whats wrong with bolt on? you could looks at the washburn x40 with has a schaller fr and seymour duncans but its bolt on. I think Jacksons will be worth a look or the Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR

Easier to reach the higher frets, looks better than a bolt in my opinion.
Gear:
-Peavey VTM 120
-Custom Tele
-Dean Hardtail USA
-Dean 79 USA