Hey pit.
I just recently decided to do a bit of singing with my music. The only problem is i've never got any criticism on my singing. I don't know if I have potential or not. So I figured whats a better way to get criticism than to ask the pit.

Here is the video, Keep in mind I recorded it with a cell phone so the quality is ****.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mNqE_rte63s

Let me know what you think.
You can be as brutal as you want to be but dont be an ass just to be an ass.
decent, take lessons or something

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
i have heard worse
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
that might be the gayest song i've ever heard being sung, but your voice is iight
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
I wasn't tempted to just say yes because of the title, but honestly I've heard worst.
Rawr! I'm a dinosaur
At least you're not an ass who runs around bragging about how great he is even though he's no good.

That wasn't brutal ... just mediocre.
You definitely have potential. I would recommend getting some lessons, because you have a really nice timbre to your voice. So with some breath control to even out your voice, you could be really good.
You're like... whispering. But I can understand that.

Try and actually sing it and record that... It'll be more accurate of what you actually sing like.
its was pretty good....
I can really hear some potiental...but your going to need to practice alot refine your voice...

you sing style is different from mine...because I have pretty deep vioce

dont worry your voice only sucks as bad as tits on a whale...
*reported*

take it to riff & recordings.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
If this is your first legit attempt at singing why on earth would you choose a Kamelot song? Roy Khan is an amazing vocalist, and few can successfully pull off his songs without looking like a moron trying to overcome limited range with awful falsetto or vibratto.
Quote by patrickrh
that might be the gayest song i've ever heard being sung, but your voice is iight

I don't know the actual song, but this did sound kind of goofy a capella.

Your singing wasn't bad, you just need to learn to support and to hear your intonation better.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Thanks for all the comments. One question. What is timber and why is mine nice?
a lot better than me. not amazing but definatly good enough for a singer.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
bad choise of music maybe try a heavier song like green day frickin not pansy crap i think ur voice is made for different material
Quote by NackerRrhythmG8
no offence its better than me but it sucked dick

then what do you suck?
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
I would suggest singing along with an instrument... I can't sing worth **** unless I'm actually playing too...
UG's HIPPIE
Hmm, not too bad, you did start getting a little flat though, but that just comes with practice. Keep at it!
Current Rig>>Jackson Phil Collin Signature Guitar/Ibanez Artcore>>>Modded Dunlop Crybaby>>>TS-9DXModded>>>Rat kit>>Octavia>>CE-20>>DD-7>>>Musicaman HD-120
I agree w/ the idea of singing w/ your instrument, it helps me a lot
As for your actual singing, yeah, its good enough. I dont think your voice presently would be the selling point for any music you do, but it would sound nice w/ good instrumental backings.
From a fellow aspiring vocalist, keep it up man!
Quote by bnichguitar
bad choise of music maybe try a heavier song like green day frickin not pansy crap i think ur voice is made for different material

Green Day is shit compared to Kamelot. Kamelot is way heavier than Green Day
I would recommend staying away from a cappella until you get really good.
think of the note before u get there.
majorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

makes things alot easier to hit.
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Quote by GuitarMan1977
no the question is do you spit or swallow

that is most possibly the most irrevelent and stupid thing ive read all day.
congratulations.
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Quote by itsxsteves
that is most possibly the most irrevelent and stupid thing ive read all day.
congratulations.

he asked if he sucked, in other words yes he does but after he sucks does he spit or swallow
Hahahahahaha

sorry bout bein a dick, but you shoulda sang along with a backing track or something, it would have made more sense, and we could probalby get a better idea of what is going on.

Your voice sounds good though, just practice a bit. And when you post stuff for other people to hear, have something going in the background.
Yah I was sitting down and made that in like a second... I just wanted to get peoples opinions. Think I could sing in a band?