I know there is a forum about the White Stripes, but I want some recommedations. I know that there is no bass in Seven Nation Army, but what would be a good pedal to use? I love this song! Thanks
I'm pretty sure you can do it with an octave pedal. Electro Harmonix has a bunch of them. I think all you really have to do is put some lower octaves on and it should be good
I have too much gear to fit!
Um...that riff actually is bass. The song was originally a Living Color song until Jack White covered it and made it mallcore.
He uses the Digitech whammy pedal an octave down.

He also plays it in open A, I do believe.
Quote by Pizza The Hut
Um...that riff actually is bass. The song was originally a Living Color song until Jack White covered it and made it mallcore.

Nah..
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
"The song is known for its underlying riff, which plays throughout most of the song. Although it sounds like a bass guitar (an instrument the group had famously never previously used), the sound is actually created by running Jack White's semi-acoustic guitar (a 1950s style Kay Hollowbody) through a whammy pedal set down an octave."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Nation_Army
Thanks! Man, I knew he used an octave pedal or something like that, but I didnt want to buy something and then not have it sound correct.
No problem. So many people are sure there's a bass in that song.