For some reason whenever I do barre chords, my hand is bent 90 degrees to my forearm and it makes the joint hurt a lot, anything i can do to stop this? thanks
if your new to the guitar, haven't played for a while, or it a difficult chord keep practing your wrist will get used to the strain, but for now take a break
Quote by -tempest-
if your new to the guitar, haven't played for a while, or it a difficult chord keep practing your wrist will get used to the strain, but for now take a break

Pretty certain you supposed to avoid pain, RSI and Carpal Tunnel being the threats they are.

I tend to agree with the "strap higher" theory. Low straps allegedly look cool, but provenly make playing harder.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
the guys above me are absolutely right, shorten your straps or you will lean to barre chord the wrong way where your more fisting the neck than doing it the proper way, 90 degree. and that makes it hard to jump off the chords to do lead riffs and change ups. i know, i had to relearn to do it the right way after 8 years of doing it wrong.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab