Ok, I feel kind of dumb asking this, but I just want to really clarify that I am doing it right, so I don't end up ruining my amp unknowingly.

I have a Valve King, and when I am turning it on, and off, what is the pattern that I should go through with the standby, and power switch. I have searched around, but can't seem to find anything that really makes sense to me.
This is my first tube amp, and all help is much appreciated
My Gear

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Dean Custon Zone Electric Guitar
Bestler Semi-Hollow Body
Crybaby Classic
Boss DD-6 Delay pedal
Crate MX10
Boss Distortion Pedal
turn on the standby switch, and then wait 30 seconds. Then you turn on the power switch.

When you turn it off, turn off the power switch first, and then standby.
ok wtf.
I go in, turn the standby switch to the "on" position, wait like 30 seconds, then I turn the power switch to the "on" position, and it looked like something inside the head sparked, and now I am getting no power to my amp at all. 0.o
My Gear

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Bestler Semi-Hollow Body
Crybaby Classic
Boss DD-6 Delay pedal
Crate MX10
Boss Distortion Pedal
Quote by Explorer125
turn on the standby switch, and then wait 30 seconds. Then you turn on the power switch.

When you turn it off, turn off the power switch first, and then standby.

That wouldn't do anything...

Turn the standby on, turn the power on, wait thirty seconds, turn standby off, play.

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/
Quote by mikerocks15
ok wtf.
I go in, turn the standby switch to the "on" position, wait like 30 seconds, then I turn the power switch to the "on" position, and it looked like something inside the head sparked, and now I am getting no power to my amp at all. 0.o

I assume that is not a good thing....

I don't know what happened....
Well if anyone knows what did happen, please help
My Gear

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Bestler Semi-Hollow Body
Crybaby Classic
Boss DD-6 Delay pedal
Crate MX10
Boss Distortion Pedal
Quote by mikerocks15
Well if anyone knows what did happen, please help

What you did wouldn't have effected anything, so if something blew it was something wrong with the amp.

The standby switch kills the signal going to the tubes, so you can give them time to warm up. With the standby on, the amp won't make any noise. You need to make sure standby is on, then turn on the amp, and after about thirty seconds turn stand by off.

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/
If this changes anything, when I shut it off, last time I played it, there was a few popping noises, I think that was due to me not giving it enough time to cool off, because I shut it off pretty quick because I got a **** ton of feedback, and needed to turn it off. Would that have caused the amp to stop working?
My Gear

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Bestler Semi-Hollow Body
Crybaby Classic
Boss DD-6 Delay pedal
Crate MX10
Boss Distortion Pedal
I am somewhat freaking out at the moment. I am pretty much positive this amp is ****ed, and I have no clue how to fix it, or what is wrong with it. I just bought it yesterday, so does Guitar Centers return policy still work on **** that isn't working?
My Gear

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Bestler Semi-Hollow Body
Crybaby Classic
Boss DD-6 Delay pedal
Crate MX10
Boss Distortion Pedal
I'm sure they will let you return it since you bought it yesterday, and it's already busted.... If that's the case.
Yeah, but I feel like I did something to cause it to break, and feel like a complete dumbass, but I am going back tomorrow, and I may look at getting a different amp, or maybe just the 212.
My Gear

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Bestler Semi-Hollow Body
Crybaby Classic
Boss DD-6 Delay pedal
Crate MX10
Boss Distortion Pedal