So I just picked up the Peavey Valveking 112 combo and i figured i'd make a clip since theres not that many. Check back in a couple days I'll have a vid up with a bad monkey and a fish & chips. In this vid I used my G-400 with dragonfire chrome screamers straight to the amp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hyZFDm596s

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Explorer125
Nice demo man! I was your first viewer and comment-er.

thanks!!

Not to sound like a complete assbag, but it doesn't really sound all that great. It's really thin, even for humbucking tones.

On another note, I noticed that you turned your the treble, mids, and bass on your amp down to nearly equivalent numbers. All that does is decrease your volume. EQ controls don't add anything, they cut from the "original" signal. So when you lower the EQ controls and they're all nearly the same, it doesn't really a huge effect on the original tone apart from lowering your volume. So yea...
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

^^ whatever, people like different things, i like it, thanks for your honest oppinion

Nice demo man.... And congrats on the purchase...

Also to Voodoo the reason it sounds thin is because its a camera recording.. With the right mic setup you could make that same tone thick as hell. Criticizing a camera recording is like winning the Special Olympics if you catch my drift. And if you noticed his volume was setup to 7 so lowering the eq down to kill a bit of volume isn't a big deal and he was using an EQ for his tone shaping anyway..
Quote by VoodooCow229
Not to sound like a complete assbag, but it doesn't really sound all that great. It's really thin, even for humbucking tones.

youtube turns audio quality to crud, you can download an MP3 to a site like tindeck and link it here for a stereo sample (youtube is all mono)
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
No offense, but why are you bumping? Did you have a question?
Congrats on the amp.

Just wanted to see what people thought of the new amp, and the sound of a stock one. None Offense takin =]

Heres a trick you can use that keeps you out of the fry'ing pan on bumping.. For starters dont say bump in the post lol and secondly just answer, ask a question or make a statement to someone in the thread.

Example, respond to moodys post with you got that right man or something like that. That way its bumping under the radar
haha, thanks ibanez

The clean sounded not so good toward the beginning. About the 2:00 mark it sounded better. And the Lead channel sounded amazing, makes me wish i had a Valveking.
I have dial up so I can't watch the vid....but congrats on the amp man, I've had my VK112 for a month or so now, and I couldn't be happier with the sounds I can get out of that thing
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Quote by sXe170
The clean sounded not so good toward the beginning. About the 2:00 mark it sounded better. And the Lead channel sounded amazing, makes me wish i had a Valveking.

yeah i dont really like just the bridge pickup on clean i really love the bridge split/neck split combo on the cleans it awesome.

Quote by moody07747
youtube turns audio quality to crud, you can download an MP3 to a site like tindeck and link it here for a stereo sample (youtube is all mono)

Not if you add '&fmt=18' to the end of the address of the video. Better image quality too occaisionally.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

I like the modern gain tone at the end.

I managed to pull a pretty sweet dirty blues tone out of the 212 at a local shop. I would have done more tweaking but the store was busy and I didn't have time.

Nice buy!
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
congrats on the buy. get a EQ pedal and an OD.
edit:i just realized you have both. demo the amp with those!

Also on a side note, i might suggest you buy a ROOMBA vaccum. my parents just got one of these. Its one of those automatic robot vaccum cleaners. its like the sweetest thing ive ever seen.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
love my VK112, too, man!! nice demo...
next demo you shoot, could you keep the guitar in frame so we can watch you play?
need to steal some licks, knob controls, etc...lol

welcome to the club, dude! im running a Bad Monkey in front, and looking to get a Fish'nChips for in the loop once i can pony up some extra cash (got a kid, broke as hell, lol)
Epi Les Paul Classic
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech Bad Monkey
Pignose 7-100 amp
Supro high-gain pocket amp
Epi Acc w/ soundhole pup

I have 2 heads, but only enuff blood to run 1 @ a time. Gravity pulls down. Not My Fault, Girls!
Quote by primeguy31
love my VK112, too, man!! nice demo...
next demo you shoot, could you keep the guitar in frame so we can watch you play?
need to steal some licks, knob controls, etc...lol

welcome to the club, dude! im running a Bad Monkey in front, and looking to get a Fish'nChips for in the loop once i can pony up some extra cash (got a kid, broke as hell, lol)

Lol, ha sure will, i got my bad monkey yesterday, and the fish and chips and my footswitch should be arriving soon (damn ups). I'm only 15 and saved up all summer for this, i got to play it through my friends orange cab today too! I't sounded killer.

Sound like ****ing **** to me. ( no offence i just hate valvekings)

but yea whitout the harshness of the od chanel its could be pretty good. ( the clean are nice imo)
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Last edited by Hcmanu at Jul 29, 2008,
Quote by Hcmanu
Sound like ****ing **** to me. ( no offence i just hate valvekings)

but yea whitout the harshness of the od chanel its could be pretty good. ( the clean are nice imo)

it's cool dude some people like it some dont, it's your honest opinion and i appriciate that. On another note, putting a bad monkey in front of it helps with that harshness your talking about.