Hey, can somebody please tell me what the main differences are between the combo and half stack versions of the epiphone valve junior? Is the half stack worth the extra $100?
Yes it's worth the extra money. Unless you want to buy the combo and get a cab. Then you can tote the combo around as a portable practice amp, but play through the cab at home.
It's worth man, cab has 12'' speaker and later on you can get other head or upgrade the cab
so right now I have a line 6 spider 112 (65 watts I believe, maybe 75). I'm going to be moving into a dorm in a few weeks, and am torn between my two decisions. I can either keep the spider and just shell out the $250 to buy the half stack (that way I can have an amp at home and one at the dorm; seeing as i'll be coming home alot i dont really want to carry the half stack back and forth all the time), or i can sell the line 6 on ebay and just pay the extra $$$ (this way I have more money to save up for other stuff). What do you guys think I should do? If I do sell the line 6, would the epiphone be able to get to just as loud of volumes? I've never played a tube amp, but I just don't see how 5W of tube can be louder than ~65W of SS. Any input?
look into blackhearts man they own the vj

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Sell the Spider, because it sucks. Case closed.

Buy the Blackheart Handsome Devil head and a pair of cabs. Leave one cab at home, the other at school, and transport the head back and forth with you.

May not be quite as loud as your Spider, but your Spider sounds like total ass when it's cranked up, anyway, so who cares? The 15W Blackheart will provide you with plenty of power for gigging when you need it.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^ i haven't tried the blackheart, but i'm sure it's worth a try.

the big problem with the vj is that, unless you're careful, you could end up spending a lot of money to make it do what you want, as it's not terribly versatile. it is very cute, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have both the combo and the head and cab. The difference is the extra volume and lowend you can get out of the 12" speaker over the 8" in the combo. The above poster is correct in saying it's not very versatile on it's own, but it loves pedals making the perfect starter amp. Most people are going to end up with some type of pedal board as they gain more experience playing (at least if they end up being serious) so when you do move up to a better amp for gigging or whatever you have the pedals already. When i bought this I figured i'd gradually step up to maybe a blues Jr then a mesa or something, but i like the Vj with pedals well enough that i'll probably skip all that and go straight to this http://www.fargenamps.com/ampminiplex.html when the funds become available. From the vids i've seen and the feedback i've gotten from the people who own them it's exactly what i want.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
yeah, i'm running an HBE big D into mine at the moment, and it sounds pretty good. Just by the time you buy a bunch of pedals, you could probably buy a better amp from the get-go.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by scott58
I have both the combo and the head and cab. The difference is the extra volume and lowend you can get out of the 12" speaker over the 8" in the combo. The above poster is correct in saying it's not very versatile on it's own, but it loves pedals making the perfect starter amp. Most people are going to end up with some type of pedal board as they gain more experience playing (at least if they end up being serious) so when you do move up to a better amp for gigging or whatever you have the pedals already. When i bought this I figured i'd gradually step up to maybe a blues Jr then a mesa or something, but i like the Vj with pedals well enough that i'll probably skip all that and go straight to this http://www.fargenamps.com/ampminiplex.html when the funds become available. From the vids i've seen and the feedback i've gotten from the people who own them it's exactly what i want.

I see you have a line 6 pod xt live. Do you run that through the Epiphone Jr Valve? I have one too and was curious as to how well it would work with one. Seeing as the only real way to control how clean the sound is would be to turn down the volume, can you only really use it well on lower volumes? I want to keep my podxt live and was really hoping to be able to use it with a tube amp.
now would there be any difference between the combo little giant or the half stack version? I think they both have 12 inch speakers, so would there be any point in spending the extra money?
^
I think its $30 more for the half stack version. I think it's just for the looks though.