I'm interested in getting a PX5D over the next month, mainly for increasing the versatility of my amp (currently using a Line 6 Spider III 30W, but am planning on getting a ValveKing 112 Combo for Xmas, which will be primarily its purpose) but I just have a couple of questions before I go and try one out, possibly next weekend.

Firstly, the recording feature is something I am very interested in. Along with the sounds, this is a major importance to me. So I am wondering, what's the recording like? Obviously, this is a relatively cheap option for recording software, especially considering the PX5D is mainly a multi FX processor, but for anyone who has it, should it prove adequate for a budget product? Also, I own two FX pedals already, a distortion and Wah pedal, and if I hook these into my PX5D, when I record will these pedals be able to influence my recording?

Secondly, sound quality. For your money, you're getting a lot of different options regarding sounds, FX, amp models and the likes, but quality-wise are do they sound good or cheap? Obviously, when I try one out myself I'll get a better perception of this, but a few opinions from ppl who have tried one or own one already would be great.

Cheers, Stearner
Most of the distortions sounded pretty digital to me through a keyboard amp... I think there are a couple overdrive options though. It's great if you want to try out a bunch of effects, and there are a few really good distortions on it.

It also has some drum pattern things on it, which sounded relatively ok for recording. If you're really strapped for cash, get it - but if you can save more, get something better. I think Korg has some higher-end effect processors with an actual foot pedal - you'd be better off getting one of those.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Ok, thanks. Another alternative would be the POD XT, or XT Live, top of my budget tbh and I ddnt really want to spend so much, (especially as I'd probably be more inclined to get the Live, which is around £250) but what are ppls opinions on the POD XTs, in comparison to the Pandoras? Or maybe even the X3, although that's the same price as the XT Live minus expression pedals, so I doubt I'd be able to get it. Is the regular POD XT compatible with footswitches?
Most people on UG seem to rather enjoy the POD XTs.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I have a PX5D and found out that it's very versatile, and doesn't sound bad through my old Laney TF300. Mainly, I use it for practice and some recording too. It really works fine, have nice patches and, if you use the editor software is very easy to work with. I also have a Korg AX3000G for live, which is a nice unit for the price. The Live 6 POD floor units are great machines, but it all depends on your personal taste about the way it sounds. As a matter of fact, if my budget were big enough I would invest some money on a GT-8 or GT 10 by BOSS.
I got a PX5D a couple weeks ago, and use it for both guitar & bass guitar. The factory presets 70-100 are all bass guitar patches.
The chain editor, when the PX5D is USB'd to the computer, works great! If you don't want the bass lines with the percussion, you can turn the bass notes off. The preset editor is very much like the Line 6 Pod interface on the computer.
I'm glad that I spent the money on the device, and the friend that got my PX4B is extremely happy to have that passed along to him.