I have a bronze bcrich mockingbird (first electric guitar), and it has bad neck dive, any idea how to fix it on this guitar, ive considered cutting off the lower horn, but ive got tape on it (custom graphics ftw) and would rather just move the straplock, any idea where i could move it to? or any other ideas?
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Quote by lefthandman9876
maybe put more weight on the tail of the guitar

or what ive seen before is just get a lke really long screw that sticks out maybe an inch or two and then put the straplock on the end of that

... ive never heard of that but to be honest, the picture im gettting in my head from that description, looks really stupid, like a screw just hanging out of the guitar
Fiddles
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
A wide leather strap fixes alot of neck dive problems. The center of balance of that guitar is just not an easy one to deal with.
Quote by Tackleberry
A wide leather strap fixes alot of neck dive problems. The center of balance of that guitar is just not an easy one to deal with.

il try the leather strap and see how that works, im pretty sure that ive heard that if you move the strap locks, you can fix it
Fiddles
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
bump
Fiddles
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Quote by Ippon
This!

i guess this is what im going with then, ill try it out when i can get to a guitar store adn let ya know how it works for me, thanks everybody
Fiddles
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Quote by highlordmugfug
I have a bronze bcrich mockingbird (first electric guitar), and it has bad neck dive, any idea how to fix it on this guitar, ive considered cutting off the lower horn, but ive got tape on it (custom graphics ftw) and would rather just move the straplock, any idea where i could move it to? or any other ideas?

it depends where the straplock is located...is it on the back of the upper horn?? if so move it towards the neckjoint, also adding a small weight to the bottm of the strap works (as well as the wider strap)
i had this problem with my warlock

i dont have the neck dive problem anymore.
just make sure you locate the new strap button in the middle of the horn and make sure theres enough wood behind it.
Quote by necroscience13
i had this problem with my warlock

i dont have the neck dive problem anymore.
just make sure you locate the new strap button in the middle of the horn and make sure theres enough wood behind it.

uh.... you do know what a mocking bird looks like right? theres really not enough area to locate it on that horn, look up the body style, theres a smal area, and its really curved, the straplock would sit on it like...
I-),
itd be sticking out, very ghetto looking, i think ill try the thinck leather strap move first, thanks though, now i know how to balance out warlocks
Fiddles
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Bump for if there are any other ideas on how to balance this out and I am (and have been for 5 months) vegan and will not be getting a leather strap.
Fiddles
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
It would look really metal if you set the strap up acoustic style with a string around the headstock
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

I suggest not screwing with the UGer with the best name on the site.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
I don't see how prostitution is going to help out your string buzz...
Well the mockinbird strap button placement sucks and dose cause this dive maybe under the neck right where it meets the body. Not on the neck just on the body. You could also move the strap button to the neckplate. I did that with my Warlock for while it worked well but I think with the mockinbird it would cause the face of the guitar to face the floor a lot mor than you'd want.

@Necro a friend of mine has his there and it still dives like the TS is feeling the effects of now.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Quote by highlordmugfug

itd be sticking out, very ghetto looking

you play a mockingbird and are concerned about looks? confusing....

anyway.... leather strap will help. a very wide strap will help too. one of the reasons why i never use those cheap nylon straps is because they just dont have any grip on your shoulder and they contribute substantially to neck dive.

get a good strap. when you go buy it bring your guitar with you and try out a few different ones and find one that is comfortable and doesnt contribute to neck dive. sure it may make you look like a retard standing there trying out different straps but whats more important - playing comfortably or uncomfortably? just make sure that when you finish trying out straps and find the one you want, you let everyone within earshot of you in the store how much it improves your tone - especially if you go to a guitar center.
I played a Mockingbird with an acrylic body once. It was like 13 lbs but it balanced perfectly. Just sayin...
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

I suggest not screwing with the UGer with the best name on the site.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
I don't see how prostitution is going to help out your string buzz...
The super long strap screw does work I saw a ZZtop concert and gibbons had a LP set up this way. I wasnt just a super long screw it had a spacer sleeve of some sort that went where the exposed part of the screw is. But I have found a good leather strap fixes the LP dive. But not all leather straps are equal. Its needs to have the exposed semi rough leather on the inside.
Quote by highlordmugfug
Bump for if there are any other ideas on how to balance this out and I am (and have been for 5 months) vegan and will not be getting a leather strap.

So dont eat the strap?

They do have other wide straps not made of leather.
You could put a weight or a bag of sand or something in the electronics cavity. That should balance out the neck, but it would weigh alot more.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by noisefarmer
you play a mockingbird and are concerned about looks? confusing....

I actually don't play it that often anymore. It was my first guitar and I just don't really want to get rid of it (thread is old).
Quote by Dr. House
1.So dont eat the strap?

2.They do have other wide straps not made of leather.

1. It's not just about what I eat.
2. I'll look into it.

And yeah, a higher quality strap would probably help: I haven't actually paid for any of the straps I have now(came with guitars, given by friends, taken from friends who bought new and better ones, etc.) I don't really think this is that much of a problem anymore to be honest. I picked up the mockingbird last night and didn't really have any problem with it. I wear my guitar a lot higher than I used to and that pretty much solves it. I'm in control of the guitar a lot more than when I was playing with the guitar as low as head, munky and fieldy in the freak on a leash video. I'm really just looking for an excuse to cut into and modify this guitar in some way.
Fiddles
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs