Anybody have any idea as to how bob dylan has such a bell like tone to his electric guitar in the recording of Mr. Tambourine man? I think it's a telecaster, that was his main axe when he went electric, I know that much, but what does he use,?Bridge pickup tone knob rolled down or up? What kind of amp? etc. etc. etc.

it sounds absolutely amazing to me. This recording is crap and you can barely hear it but if you listen to the whole thing you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ia06DeCxhTM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ia06DeCxhTM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I would really love to get that tone...
also how about the one on I want you?
Hagstrom Super Swede Valveking 112 BBE free fuzz Crybaby
What do you make of a society that is so primitive that it clings to the belief that certain words in its language are so powerful that they could corrupt you the moment you hear them? - Zappa
It's all in your hands. Picking near the middle of the string (the 12th fret on an open string) will give you a "bell like" tone. It's probably either a Fender or Vox amp.
I'm fairly sure Bob Dylan didn't play electric on that track; he did his songs in takes with session musicians rather than overlaying parts.

Sounds to me like a basic Tele on a clean channel in the middle position with the tone rolled off a bit.
Nope wiki turned up nothing. Maybe finger picking was part of it?
Hagstrom Super Swede Valveking 112 BBE free fuzz Crybaby
What do you make of a society that is so primitive that it clings to the belief that certain words in its language are so powerful that they could corrupt you the moment you hear them? - Zappa
did he finger pick electric? i really don't know anything else that might help you
signed,
your favorite poster