Im looking into getting this soon and wanted to know if i could get a good heavy tone with the through amp distortion. I just really want to stop relying on batery power. and if you do have one what settings can i use to get like a Lamb of God tone?

and yes. i will be playing shows.
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
Quote by Ghold125
you can do better. And ask yourself "do i need a half stack?"

kinda. i know i could get a combo but at my budget i can only get solid states. so i just want to have more watts. mainly for the church i play at. the p.a. sucks. combos sound like ****.
yea. i only have $500. thats the problem.
Quote by Dimefan69
yea. i only have $500. thats the problem.

then one of the 2 i showed to, used...
did you read the post about the combos earlier?

no offense.
Quote by Dimefan69
did you read the post about the combos earlier?

no offense.

Give him a break. Just because you don't need a half stack it doesn't mean you can't own one.

TS, if you're looking for a solid state head, the best I can recommend is a used Randall RG---es. The really old ones that have the Plexi look to them.

As for a cab, I'm not sure.
Signatures are overrated.
Quote by Moe.
Give him a break. Just because you don't need a half stack it doesn't mean you can't own one.

TS, if you're looking for a solid state head, the best I can recommend is a used Randall RG---es. The really old ones that have the Plexi look to them.

As for a cab, I'm not sure.

you are the first person i have ever heard say that!

yea. i am gonna start with the basic head cab combo they make then upgrade gradually. cause once i have a cab its smooth sailing.
Look for a 2x12. It'll be easier on your back, and wont take up much room.

The head model is also called the RG100es just to let you know.
the new ones 120. its the rx120rh
I'm talking about the one I recommended.
do you have one of the one you recommended?
considering i find the head could i find it cheap enough to get a cab in a $500 budget.
Randall does some very good quality SS stuff. I used to own an RH100. For churches, unless its a giant megachurch, SS does tend to work out better. You can really get a solid consistant sound and not need to make the old ladies ears bleed. Personally I would recommend a used Line 6 Flextone. They can be had for $300 range (again I say used). It's super versatile, plenty loud, and if you choose to buy a cab later, you can, but you don't have to. The RX Randalls are ok, but even in the SS world you can do better at that price point.

Where do you live? This would help me make suggestions based on your used gear market.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
i live in the metro atlanta area in ga.