My old electric guitar broke and so I went to my local guitar center to find a new one and started messing around with random guitars. Lo and behold, I find one that feels just right to me. A Gibson Les Paul Studio guitar, not the most original but hell i loved it. So I look at the price and figure that I should start saving up for it and I can get it in time for my birthday in about two months. It was listed at around $1,700 but on sale for $899.

Anyway, my teacher and friend finds out that I was trying to get it because she's a friend on facebook. She's the "hip" kind of teacher thats young and gets along very well the students. Upon discovering that I was about to start to save up for it, she asks for the model of the guitar to see if her husband can get it.

Naturally I tried to decline because in all honesty, I'm never one to try and get things from people and I'd feel bad if she got it for me. The past few years I never wanted any gifts for my birthday and for christmas, and only got them because my parents or friends would insist since they didn't want me to "feel bad".

So as I kept trying to decline the offer, she ends up pushing the deal and I tell her the guitar model anyway with no expectations for her to get it. She then revealed that her husband works for the same guitar center I went to and that her old room mate is a manager there.

Basically she's gonna try to get me the guitar

So what I wanted to know from you, the pit, is any example of an act of generosity, either from you or from someone else, that really made you happy simply because of the thought behind it. I really don't want her to get it but she's trying to get it anyway and I must admit thats pretty cool.

so pit monkeys, what are your thoughts on generosity?
Quote by Led_Head Salvy
Naturally I tried to decline because in all honesty, I'm never one to try and get things from people and I'd feel bad if she got it for me. The past few years I never wanted any gifts for my birthday and for christmas, and only got them because my parents or friends would insist since they didn't want me to "feel bad".

i'm the same way, the days before christmas and my birthday, although i don't get really big gifts, i truly dreaded, i just don't like getting things that i didn't earn
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
I have stingy friends and parents
Quote by Xiaoxi
Yea, you show her common sense. You show her your common sense hard. You shove your common sense down her throat. She's a naughty little thing and you need to beat some common sense all over her face.

^In regards to incest
First of all, I doubt they can get it FREE. Maybe at a severely reduced cost, but free...???

To answer your question:
Yeah, I'm a lot like you, I'd rather not get free stuff all the time, even though it's nice once and a while. My brother always wants to pay for whatever we do, even when I have the money to. Usually I'll say no thank you, but I know he will anyway, so I just kinda give in. Is that wrong?
Quote by terryguitar
GROW UP WE DONT NEED 2 CHEAT WHEN OUR KIDS ARE BEAUTIFUL

Quote by blynd_snyper
Ummm, petrol? Nip down to your local petrol station, buy a litre of the stuff and soak your balls in it, light them up and start playing with them.
Quote by Sam_Prillaman
you're not going to get the a gibson for free

/thread, goodbye

doesn't end the thread at all because the thread is about getting a free gibson, it's about random acts of kindess.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
One time when I was 6 a huge black guy guy came up to me. "You like pokemon?" said he. "Sure," I said. And into my hands he shoved about 40 pokemon cards, then walked away.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Quote by scrambler_66
First of all, I doubt they can get it FREE. Maybe at a severely reduced cost, but free...???

To answer your question:
Yeah, I'm a lot like you, I'd rather not get free stuff all the time, even though it's nice once and a while. My brother always wants to pay for whatever we do, even when I have the money to. Usually I'll say no thank you, but I know he will anyway, so I just kinda give in. Is that wrong?

Oh no the gibson itself isnt gonna be free. She's just trying to get a deal on it. But that's why it's so kind of her, the fact that she's gonna be buying the guitar at all. It'll be of no cost to me though. I apologize if i said or implied that she was gonna get it for free
@Humperdunk
He probably stole them.
Owner of the Murder, She Wrote club
Quote by LP Addict
Quote by Vinyl_Master
Oh, finish the guitar, then spill whiskey and coffee on it. Lock in dank basement for several years, enjoy.

don't forget feces. i always get that on my axe somehow.
I hate getting stuff randomly. I don't work because of study, so I never have any money, so my girlfriend always tries to buy me stuff. This ends in me feeling bad because I can never pay her back.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by KnockoffJaguar
@Humperdunk
He probably stole them.

Because he's black? You RACIST!

Kidding I think he probably did. Like robin hood or something, steal from the rich and give to the needy. I had like no pokemon cards back then. It makes sense.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic