Ok, me and my bandmate Matt have been using this bizarre acoustic/elec guitar at our singer's house. It's a Washburn, it's green (almost teal) and has a strange sound hole. It's actually like not a hole at all - it's like 4 or 5 line-ish holes. Slits even. She claims it to have been an originally very expensive guitar and we must know what it is. If you know the guitar or what that's called when the sound hole of the guitar has "slits", please let me know.

Thanks.
monoslang.bandcamp.com

reverbnation.com/monoslang
chevy, it's very very close to that BUT it's an acoustic electric guitar, not bass... 6 string.. same body. I looked through their current catalog and nothing.. This thing is old as dirt. That's so close though.. and to wrstplyrevr, we don't have pics.. we're going over there tomorrow so hopefully we can find out more there, but we're oddly interested in knowing what it is tonight. Anyway, chevy, if you have any other ideas, let me know.
monoslang.bandcamp.com

Quote by NakedManInABush
chevy, it's very very close to that BUT it's an acoustic electric guitar, not bass... 6 string.. same body. I looked through their current catalog and nothing.. This thing is old as dirt. That's so close though.. and to wrstplyrevr, we don't have pics.. we're going over there tomorrow so hopefully we can find out more there, but we're oddly interested in knowing what it is tonight. Anyway, chevy, if you have any other ideas, let me know.

I think I know the guitar - there's one at my local guitar center, if it is the same thing. Is it heavy? Maybe a little heavier than a Les Paul?

I'm trying to find the name of it now.

Like this: http://www.petenoon.com/100_0601.JPG , right? But with sound holes?
Last edited by Flying Couch at Jul 28, 2008,
well it's close to that as well, but the one i'm thinking of has these slats (like the linked acoustic bass earlier mentioned) rather than a typical sound hole. I looked again when we went over there and she didn't have any of the paperwork on it like a bill of sale or anything. It's very similar and closest to the bass though.. so I don't know. If I ever get a chance to take a pic of it, I'll repost some day
monoslang.bandcamp.com

8 year late with this answer....but Washburn EA46 guitar with the Equis II electronics - circa 1991(ish)