I own a B.C. Rich Warlock and I was thinking about getting new pickups for it. I was considering EMGs, but I'm always hearing good and bad things about them. I'm a metal player and I am looking for pickups that will give me a more crunchier and brutal sound when distorted, but also a warm tone on clean. I'm open to any suggestions and my budget is infinite.
If it's blue, then it MUST smell good.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
If you have a H-H set up i would suggest EMG -81 and EMG - 85, or if not a pair of high output seymour duncan's such as the dimebucker, personally I would go with the EMG's.
i like em, but whatever, amps give you more brutal sound than pickups. seymour duncans are good too, just go to a guitar store.
instruments:
B.C Rich Warlock-Body Art Collection-June 2003
Ibanez SZ520QM
Epiphone PR-100 Acoustic
Squire Strat (way sweeter than it sounds)
Gear:
Line 6 Spider 3 HD75
Peavey Mark III Head
Peavey 1x15 Cabinet
I've heard good things about Seymour Duncan Blackouts, so check them out, I'm considering getting a set myself.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
EMG's all the way, either 81/85 or 81/60

BUt it all dependsas well what amp you're running through.

to me a LP shaped guitar with EMG's and a tube amp = aural orgasm
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
Quote by RapterX
dude, I want the EMG-ZWs installed on my guitar, it'd sound so rad

shh
instruments:
B.C Rich Warlock-Body Art Collection-June 2003
Ibanez SZ520QM
Epiphone PR-100 Acoustic
Squire Strat (way sweeter than it sounds)
Gear:
Line 6 Spider 3 HD75
Peavey Mark III Head
Peavey 1x15 Cabinet
They won't make an awful lot of difference with the Spider, basically you'd be shelling out for little more than a cosmetic change. There's far better uses of your money...if your budget is infinite then buy yourself a proper amp like a Framus Cobra or Engl Powerball.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
They won't make an awful lot of difference with the Spider, basically you'd be shelling out for little more than a cosmetic change. There's far better uses of your money...if your budget is infinite then buy yourself a proper amp like a Framus Cobra or Engl Powerball.

I'm not going to be using the Spider for much longer. I need to buy an amp with a bigger and fuller sound that will actually carry through a nice sized room without having to crank it up to the point where it cracks.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Quote by Disturbed137
I'm not going to be using the Spider for much longer. I need to buy an amp with a bigger and fuller sound that will actually carry through a nice sized room without having to crank it up to the point where it cracks.

Then sort out the amp situation first, that way you'll be able to make an informed decision about what needs addressing tonewise.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The Seagull is right. You only need pickups to make a good tone better. Don't worry 'bout them till you have your amp, that would be more important.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
id say get an EMG 81/60 or 81/89 combo, the 60 or 89 are eahc the best EMGS for cleans
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
depending on your amp emg's will rock but if you have a solid state (meaning that your amp has no valves like the roland cubes or line 6 spiders) than get something like the DiMarzio X2N, they shred.
Quote by SamuelBirkett
wtf r u say make no sensical

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
I'm thinking about getting a valve amp cause I've heard good marks about them. But, I guess that would have to go under another forum post.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")