Having recently started playing i`m confused as to what guitar pro gives you that the standard tab doesn`t, i`m learning so i can play songs i like in my own home and have no plans to start gigging or playing in public so is it worth getting? thanks
yes all six strings buzz !! but it`s unique isn`t it
it allows you to hear the tab as opposed to just following it along with the song. it's got a lot of features, like a thing where you can slow down a phrase and practice it over and over again while it speeds up gradually, helping you to learn the song more easily. it's quite a bit easier than standard text because it allows you to get timings down for solos and things that would be hard to follow on a normal tab. it's a helpful thing to have. i really like it.
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
it gives you proper music notiation for it as well, and hearing the note values can be really handy.
*Enter Sig Here*
regular tabs just give you frets. that's all.

guitar pro gives you everything. timing, sound, structure, drums (good luck finding any other useful drum tabs on the internet), vocals, notes, effects, palm mutes, let rings, harmonics, specific bend instructions, divebombs, slides, vidbratos, and a whole bunch of different instrument sounds. Also, everything is specific. not just "bend at the 4th fret" but you can hear exactly how the bend sounds.

I payed for GP and it was the best $60 I ever spent. ever. I'm not even kidding. It allows you to learn certain songs faster (ones that have been GP'ed by another UGer), write your own music and easily remember it, and be able to hear how anything you have tabbed sounds whenever you want to hear it.

I'd recommend it to anyone.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
you should definitely try the FREE TRIAL

↑↑↑ and yes, i would always recommend it, surely worth the money
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
I love guitarpro. I compose a lot of stuff on there. You can even make a backing track to play with whether it's only drums or another instrument with drums or whatever you want. You'll be so ready for a band or a jam group after messing with it and getting good at it.

Also, there are many quality tabs on UG that are in GuitarPro format.

As I said before, I never repeat myself.
Hi.Im new to this site and I totally love it.I had a question on Guitar pro.I have GP3 and I downloaded a load of tabs ( GP3 only ) from this site.While some of them opened properly,many others did not- giving a an error saying "unable to load file".Has anybody else faced this error.What would the problem be? Are there some corrupted versions of GP files floated around by those on"the other side" of the music publishing war ?
it sounds good

its got a metronome (along with a function to slow down a song so you can practice it)

you can use more layers for instruments

the UI for it looks better and i find it easier to use.

and, well, if you know how to either torrent it or find a file sharing source it dosnt cost anything, remember: piracy isnt theft, theft removes the original, piracy copies it ^^
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
I like the concept of Guitar Pro, but the program itself is just ****-tarded. I hate that it's the standard compared to Power Tab (which also blows, but at least there are third-party viewers that don't).

Also, anyone who suggests Limewire for anything needs to automatically be punched.
Quote by Its_Rock77
I payed for GP and it was the best $60 I ever spent.

For everything GP does it could easily cost twice as much. That's a rare piece of software I can say that about. If you can afford to spend $1000 on guitars and accesories, you can afford to buy GP.
Quote by rhettro
For everything GP does it could easily cost twice as much. That's a rare piece of software I can say that about. If you can afford to spend $1000 on guitars and accesories, you can afford to buy GP.

Exactly! UGers, don't go ripping off the developers, I'd like to see GP6 someday!
Quote by Cyberbob
Exactly! UGers, don't go ripping off the developers, I'd like to see GP6 someday!

I will agree but some of us can't afford the gear or the 60 dollar software. And then there are people like my friend who can barely even afford strings. He lets them get really nasty and still uses them until they snap. So, ripping them off is needed sometimes.
Quote by Vixus
TuxGuitar is a free alternative that supports GP files (click the link before you moan about linux).

+1, I use this program regularly, it handles GP files and powertab files pretty well
Quote by Nacho Cheese!
I will agree but some of us can't afford the gear or the 60 dollar software. And then there are people like my friend who can barely even afford strings. He lets them get really nasty and still uses them until they snap. So, ripping them off is needed sometimes.

not being able to afford it doesnt give you the right to pirate it dumbass, just use powertab and i find it hard to believe that someone couldnt afford £30 ($60) if they put their mind to it and saved for a coule of weeks if youre really young.
just get tuxguitar (google it). its free and supports guitarpro and the other one, forget the name.
Quote by Nacho Cheese!

Then use Tuxguitar or Powertab which are both free! (though I can't stand the Powertab interface)
Its good for writing songs as well, seen as you can have all the tracks playing at once, torrentz
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A