love songs the most over done thing in the world however as a guitar player/singer/musician its my duity to write my GF a love song weve been going out for like 6 months and she is awsoeme she likes coheed and cambria's song ake us she says its our song and what not.... im trying to write a song for her that lets her know how i feel without just going out and saying i love you now... she likes the dark and darker things shes not a goth the way i put it is she finds beauty in darkness and likes the night time to i dont wanna use any sun refrences... so any good words maybe i cold use or any at all ideas really.... im thinking i should take a HIM aproach to things.... what do you all think??
Quote by SRV59
love songs the most over done thing in the world however as a guitar player/singer/musician its my duity to write my GF a love song weve been going out for like 6 months and she is awsoeme she likes coheed and cambria's song ake us she says its our song and what not.... im trying to write a song for her that lets her know how i feel without just going out and saying i love you now... she likes the dark and darker things shes not a goth the way i put it is she finds beauty in darkness and likes the night time to i dont wanna use any sun refrences... so any good words maybe i cold use or any at all ideas really.... im thinking i should take a HIM aproach to things.... what do you all think??

After six months, I don't think you know enough about her to make a love song and not have it be cliche. Most of what you're feeling at this point is pretty common. But that's just my opinion.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by BigFatSandwich
After six months, I don't think you know enough about her to make a love song and not have it be cliche. Most of what you're feeling at this point is pretty common. But that's just my opinion.

honestly thats not the case ive known the girl for about two years and we started dateing 6 months ago we know eachother pritty damn well and we keep no secrets besides the ones we promised to keep for other people i have never been as sure in my life about anything than i have about her im sure this is love and so is she i knwo its not useually so in teens but im 18 and shes 17 and were bolth super mature for our ages and have been through alot in our short lives to know a thing or two and were bolth sure as hell about this
Quote by SRV59
honestly thats not the case ive known the girl for about two years and we started dateing 6 months ago we know eachother pritty damn well and we keep no secrets besides the ones we promised to keep for other people i have never been as sure in my life about anything than i have about her im sure this is love and so is she i knwo its not useually so in teens but im 18 and shes 17 and were bolth super mature for our ages and have been through alot in our short lives to know a thing or two and were bolth sure as hell about this

But... that's super cliche. I'm not questioning your feelings for her at all. But a lot of people feel that.

But to give some advice, I guess.... talk about some things between the two of you that only she would get. Kinda like how jack johnson wrote that song about banana pancakes for his wife.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Write about vampires. I made an awesome song about them. It had love somewhere in there. I was at work and wrote if for this girl who was reading the twilight series. It was funny.

OH. Anyway, if you want to write a good love song make it funny. Maybe consider a wedding singer type song. I can give you a link. http://youtube.com/watch?v=gaPzCQPWK6I

Classic.

As I said before, I never repeat myself.
Make it about her personality not her looks.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
Yes, there are too many love songs out there. Hey There Delilah actually was a little different from all the other love songs. All though I don't know if you would call that a love song, considering he wasn't in love with her. But yeah, I think that is a good example of a love song that is not cliche.
Quote by SRV59

Please, before you do anything, learn to use a little grammar and punctuation. Even if it's not completely correct.. anything helps lol.

But on topic.. I agree that's still pretty cliche. Me and my gf have been together almost 2 years and our relationship is still 90% cliche lol.
It's just gotta be personal.. if you could sing the song you write for her to any other girl and have it make sense.. it's not the right song for your gf, imo.
I think Warmness on the Soul by A7X, while fairly vague is one of the best love songs ever written. (Your hazel green tint eyes...) just stuff like that, that let's her know it's for her. And if you don't have a kick ass solo don't write it! Lol, anyways.. good luck with it hope that helps.. and pick up a book or something.. education these days...
I step up to da mic. Bust a rhyme about my hoes, tippin' on fo' fo's.. and someone shoots me in the face. Because rap is stupid.

Quote by Laces Out Danny
YOU ARE the PIT!!!
Quote by SRV59

o please lots of teens recon thev been through alot. and the fact you use the words super mature probly means your not half as mature as you think

with that said i did get an idea from something you said, the line "keep no secerets" sorta struck me as a good hook, perhaps you could use it to develop a song, better than going with the typical i love you so much crap.