Im thinking about getting the Egnater Tourmaster Head and Cab and I was wondering if it would be a good bet for playing blues-rock like Clapton and Mayer. I know the second od channel is very hi gain and and I probably would rarely if ever use it. But the other three channels (Clean 1 and 2, and OD1) sound right for what Im wanting to play. Would this be a good choice or should I just go with an amp with better cleans because i can see myself using the cleans a lot more than overdrive channels? Should I go for the Egnater or go for a Fender or Vox? THanks for the help
yeah im sure it would work out. there are a hundred amps probably better suited for a strictly blues applicaiton, british or american flavor, but you dont always want to limit yourself to a "blues amp" or a "metal amp". been researchign their stuff, and im sure this would be a great amp.
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
Looks like a good amp for pretty much anything. If you want good cleans though, you can't go wrong with a deluxe reverb.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Hi there, I just bought a Tourmaster 4100 after putting it head to head with a Fender Super-Sonic. I must admit, the Fender has more sparkly cleans right of the bat. I was able to get a very similar sound with the Tourmaster, but I had to tweak the knobs a bit and even lower the volume knob of the guitar. I decided to go with the Egnater due to it's versatility. The Tourmaster can do a whole lot more without a single pedal in the chain. I found that very useful.
Quote by dannycruz
I was able to get a very similar sound with the Tourmaster, but I had to tweak the knobs a bit and even lower the volume knob of the guitar. I decided to go with the Egnater due to it's versatility.

I just got a Tourmaster as well over the holiday.

Now, I'm not a blues player by any means (my guitar with active EMG's seems to not like it ).

However, if you drop the wattage selectors down, bring up the gain on Channel 2 (clean/vintage 2), and then push the master it has a really pretty gritty bluesy.

dannycruz, similar experience?
My Favorite T-Shirt Saying: "Warning: Drummer Playing Guitar"

My Music: Abandon At My Place -- One man heavy observational rock band...

My Fav Gear:
Egnater Tourmaster 4100, Schecter Hellraiser, MXR EQ, Ibanez Weeping Demon, Boss DD-7
I played the Tourmaster for about 4 hours on friday, and was not impressed. And I am almost strictly a blues guy.
I'm with Goolz on this one.
It sounded good for rock, but it had very average blues tones.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator