Page 1 of 5
Wait, how can they tell?
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
...dude. Not cool.

Next time I go though customs, I'm gonna fill my iPod with legal pirate metal. What then, bitches?
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
Quote by Just Andrew
Wait, how can they tell?

thats what i was thinking haha
This is what happens with government intervention. What is this communism??
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
How can they tell directly from your iPod if it has album artwork and is in another format other than mp3?
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by InvaderTSN
I highly doubt they can tell the difference of pirate/legal music, and I don't think this law will pass.

It already did!

*Shoots self*
Is it only iPods?
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
They couldn't tell. Unless their going to hook your iPod up to a computer and check, and then still then they still would have a hard time. What a waste of tax money & time.
last.fm: last.fm/thrashmetal101
follow me on twitter
Quote by Sonicxlover
Emotionally, it makes me feel good. Physically, it makes me feel good.
Please government, invade my privacy even more. Hell, just cut to the chase and install a camera in my room, 1984-style.

EDIT: From the way the article made it sound, the only way the could really "tell" is if you have thousands of songs, which in that case they will assume that the only way you could afford such massive amounts of music is through piracy, since they have already taken most of your money anyway. Total bullshit. There is no way this will pass.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

That's fucking retarded. What about if I wiped my iPod before going to the airport, put my ripped CDs on it, and backed up my music on an external HD? Then what?
God, why does everyone go crazy over pirating? It makes no sense, what are they going to do, outlaw media players next? Pirate metal FTW
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
omfg that's a disgrace and imo a gross invasion of privacy. How the hell can they tell whether they're legally or illegally downloaded anyways? iPod files are all converted into the same thing anyway, it's ****ing stupid.

My iPod is my business
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
That is retarded, there is no way they can tell downloaded music from ripped music. The downloaded music is just music that someone else ripped.
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Seagull S6+Cedar
Yamaha Pacifica
Epiphone Valve Special
Boss OD-3
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
flipping throught related stuff on that website and found a story on this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpCADfZD-eg
thats pretty funny actually. especially the very ending
just say here and here will stand for here i am rock you like a hurricane
you will do as the scorpions have done before you!
Quote by JobyByTheNight
God, why does everyone go crazy over pirating? It makes no sense, what are they going to do, outlaw media players next? Pirate metal FTW

Pirate metal eh...I'm getting ideas
don't care really...I have almost no pirated music on my iPod or PC or at all really
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by Blackholesun00

Anything by Buckethead is Pirate Metal. Because Buckethead is a pirate. Duh.
Conversely, you could load up your iPod with NIN songs. They'd be like 'those are illegally pirated songs' and you would be like 'dude, he doesn't care, he probably pirates more than I do.'
How has no one noticed that this proposed law or whatever is in Australia, NOT the United States? The friggin website is news.com.au.

And the author's name is Inga Gilchrist. Tell me that's an American name. Jesus. [pun intended]
Quote by rcw110131
How has no one noticed that this proposed law or whatever is in Australia, NOT the United States? The friggin website is news.com.au.

And the author's name is Inga Gilchrist. Tell me that's an American name. Jesus. [pun intended]

Who the hell cares, it's still a blow to privacy and music. I'm British and I still care.
Quote by rcw110131

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=ae997868-220b-4dae-bf4f-47f6fc96ce5e&p=1

Canada, US, and members if the EU.
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Seagull S6+Cedar
Yamaha Pacifica
Epiphone Valve Special
Boss OD-3
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
I'm going to Europe from America in a couple of weeks and I have a lot of downloaded music on my mp3 player. Do you guys think it would it be safe to take it with me?

I expect a lot of stupid answers, but at least one serious answer would help
Quote by ilikeguitar90
I'm going to Europe from America in a couple of weeks and I have a lot of downloaded music on my mp3 player. Do you guys think it would it be safe to take it with me?

I expect a lot of stupid answers, but at least one serious answer would help

Yes, for the moment, these laws haven't become really effective yet, but it won't be safe for that long.
Quote by rcw110131

Somebody already mentioned that in an earlier post.
And you make a ****ing judgement on my intelligence by clarifying that your pun was intended. Nobody cares if your puns are intended.
Quote by blynd_snyper
Yes, for the moment, these laws haven't become really effective yet, but it won't be safe for that long.

Alright cool thanks for the answer man
I'm probably wrong but at least here in the U.S. when cases arrive of pirating music, the cases are brought against those who are sharing the files and giving out the music. They really can't tell on an mp3 player at least to my knowledge where the music was originally taken from. My guess is this is a scare tactic.
"They say rock n' roll is dead well not while I'm alive it ain't" - Liam Gallagher

"It is the spectator, and not life, that art really mirrors." - Oscar Wilde

Quote by Katar
Somebody already mentioned that in an earlier post.
And you make a ****ing judgement on my intelligence by clarifying that your pun was intended. Nobody cares if your puns are intended.

maddox is win
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Blackholesun00

If you ever need a Pirate metal bassist, You can find one here!
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
Quote by STPilots17
I'm probably wrong but at least here in the U.S. when cases arrive of pirating music, the cases are brought against those who are sharing the files and giving out the music. They really can't tell on an mp3 player at least to my knowledge where the music was originally taken from. My guess is this is a scare tactic.

That's what it sounds like. I can't see this being enforced and if it was how would they go upon doing this?
even if they do catch you, what are they gonna do? when you go back home you will have all your music still on your computer.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I call bs on that article. They wouldn't be able to tell.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Oh sh*t, looks like I'm gunna get jail time...

Why don't we do what kid rock said and steal everything, lol

But seriously, how will they know if it's pirated, who cares, it's stupid
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
Page 1 of 5