so, im looking for a new guitar, and at first i thought i wanted a predominantly metal-sounding guitar. but now im not so sure. the music that me and a mate play together isnt metal, its more like just punky kinda stuff.

i WAS looking at the Jackson RR3..

http://www.thomann.de/gb/jackson_rr3_randy_rhodes.htm

but now i dont know. so what im asking for is a guitar that can do metal QUITE well, not asking for EMGs or SD Blackouts or anything, because i want it to be able to do punk VERY well.

my amp is a crap 10 watt, and dont tell me to use the money to buy a new amp, cos im onto that already.

my budget is anything up to £450. so i think thats about $900....

Thanks
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
i didnt think EMGs worked well thru SS amps?

Quote by cornmancer
Best way to decide what guitar you want is go to your nearest guitar store and try everything there.

And bring your wallet :p
Quote by Sessler
Best way to decide what guitar you want is go to your nearest guitar store and try everything there.

And bring your wallet :p

the only problem is my nearest guitar store is completely crap. they havent even got any epiphones or anything. there is one that does have them though..but not very many options. i wish we had guitar center in the UK

Quote by cornmancer
if you don't need a locking tremolo, i'd get either a washburn wi65pro idol from machinehead (£239, they're new old stock, that's a killer deal if they have any left), or an x50pro (£300 on gak) if you prefer the superstrat shape.

if you do, i'd probably go with an ibanez rg1570, it's about £25 over your budget, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?