Hi. Firstly, I'm sick of gassing pedals because I don't really have a lot of money. So basically what I want to happen is to sell all of my modulation and buy the podxt live for my modulations. I'm just gona bypass all if it's features when I only want my distortion to be active. Or bypass the amp and cabs if i want my delay or chorus or phaser to run with my dist. So basically my setup will be, guitar>noise gate>wah>OD>disto>podxt live>amp.

So my questions are, is it ok to plug my analog pedals to the pod without any tone suck? Is it good to have the pod as my modulation effects running with my dist and other analog pedals?
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Should be fine, dont see why not.

Although by gassing do you mean using batteries?

You could buy a daisy chain for like 10 dollars and power them all off of one 9v adapter and keep the seperate pedals, would be a lot better than a POD imo.
Quote by ClementWave
Should be fine, dont see why not.

Although by gassing do you mean using batteries?

You could buy a daisy chain for like 10 dollars and power them all off of one 9v adapter and keep the seperate pedals, would be a lot better than a POD imo.

Nah man, he means GASing like he's dying to buy pedals. You know that feeling when you really want a piece of gear, be it a guitar, amp, effects or whatever. That's what he means.

EDIT: I know what he means but what doe sit actually stand for? If I were to have a guess, I would say Guitar Anxiety Syndrome. Anyone help me on this?
You should just forget the whole "analog vs. digital" thing because in the end, it doesn't matter. All that matters is the quality of the pedals - digital pedals will suck your tone if they're bad quality, and analog pedals will suck your tone if they're bad quality. If they're good, they won't hurt your tone.

As far as using the Pod only for modulation, I have always gotten the impression that it's strongest point is the amp modelling, and the effects are just something to add into it. I suggest you try it out to see if the effects are good enough quality-wise.

Edit: I believe it's "Gear Acquisition Syndrome" or something like that, not completely sure.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Last edited by Fama at Jul 28, 2008,
if u've got a pod xtlive, u dun need those pedals (noise gate>wah>OD>disto).
the pod itself has them. n its ezier to bring only the pod than bringing so many pedals.
Quote by JackFlash19
A musician will work through bad gigs, rough relationships with bandmates, disagreements, and the like to further the success of the band.
Quote by noobme
the pod itself has them. n its ezier to bring only the pod than bringing so many pedals.

It's easier to just use a Spider III instead of using a different amp and a separate pedal... if you get my point.

No I'm not saying the XTLive is as bad as a Spider, just gave an example
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by noobme

I think this guy does not get it. I want to keep those pedals so I can still have an analog sound. I will not even use the distortion and amp models because they are digital. Basically I only want chorus, phaser, delay and other things out of it. Steve vai does this. With his TC and his keeley ds1 and morley.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by mothership
I think this guy does not get it. I want to keep those pedals so I can still have an analog sound. I will not even use the distortion and amp models because they are digital. Basically I only want chorus, phaser, delay and other things out of it. Steve vai does this. With his TC and his keeley ds1 and morley.

Before you say that you need to try the POD. I sold my TS 808, because i liked the way the POD came on better. The only thing I run in front of it now is a mxr 108 and frankly there are some digital sounding things in the POD and certain stuff i will have no use for ever, but there are also some pretty outstanding effects and models. Lots of them! Once you start messing with the POD (and it's not going to happen overnight, it took me a good month to get it to start sounding really good). Internally the thing is huge. The subdirectories and adjustments are important. Cab choices, mic settings etc. this is not a simple little 2 knob pedal. if all you want is chorus, phaser and delay you may not even want to bother with a POD, because your basically buying a super computer to add 2+2.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD