I recently forked out on a Boss GT-10 (which by the I find to be a fantastic piece of kit) and would be interested to get your views on the way you connect yours to your rig.

I know that by using the "4 cable" method, you can cut out the pre-amp and therefore use the various pre-amp settings loaded on the GT-10.

Is that something that you find useful or do you use your amp's pre-amp to colour the sound?

I owe a Marshall DSL401 and find that the difference is dramatic (not necessarily bad) when you cut off the pre-amp.
I don't own it, but if you're using pre-amp effects, plug it into the FX loops?
I have a gt8 into my valveking head. I used the 4 cable method for a while (1-2 months) then decided to use the amps lead channel instead. I go ax to gt8>>>gt8 to amp. I have turned the gt8s amp sim off on all of the patches I use and I just use the effects. I can pretty much get any sound and effect available with a couple of toe taps. I love it.
I read this thread start to finish before I even bought it. You should read it too. The gt8 and the gt10 are almost the same (gt10 has a better interface and a few more effects/features)
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=596400&highlight=gt8+twostring
Jackson Dxmg w/dimarzios up n down
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!
Quote by fuzzyDXMG

I read this thread start to finish before I even bought it. You should read it too. The gt8 and the gt10 are almost the same (gt10 has a better interface and a few more effects/features)
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=596400&highlight=gt8+twostring

So are you saying that you choose to ignore the GT-8 pre-amp settings altogether and therefore connect straight to amp via mono?

Thanks so much for the link. I read half of it and it's absolutely mezmerising in terms of depth and possibilities.

What I thought to be a simple question has opened up a whole new world of intimidating details about this toy.

The guy certainly seems to know his stuff. I have pm'd him for some additional advice.