I don't trust digitech pedals, and they're being very sneaky making it look like true bypass when it isn't.
Quote by Horlicks
I don't trust digitech pedals, and they're being very sneaky making it look like true bypass when it isn't.

I don't know about all that...all I know is I have a Metal Master and I'm really happy with it. I probably won't be changing it any time soon.
Quote by Horlicks

"True hardwire bypass" indeed sounds like it's buffered. However, the ProGuitarShop reviews on Youtube say they're true bypass, they say it's true bypass (with nothing in between) in the marketing text, and you can switch the delay pedal from true bypass to non-true bypass if you want the delay to trail off when you turn it off. Hard to say, but as long as the bypass is good, it doesn't really matter if it's true or not.

On the other hand, none of that matters if the pedals are bad themselves. I'm interested in hearing more about these pedals.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
These pedals look tottaly great!!!I'm a fan of digitech,and from what I read in the official digitech website these pedals seem to be one of the best digitech has ever made.
My pedals:
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah GCB-95
Ibanez Tube Screamer (TS-9)
Digitech Hot Head
MXR Phase 90
Digitech DigiDelay
How's it not TB? "Hardwire true bypass" sounds legit enough to me, although I'd have to actually look at the pedal to be sure.
Quote by cokeisbetter
How's it not TB? "Hardwire true bypass" sounds legit enough to me, although I'd have to actually look at the pedal to be sure.

Well all I know is I looked at the musicians friend description and it said 'true hardwire bypass'
These things sound very sweet. At least the Reverb and Delay I got to try out. The Delay will certainly give the DD-7 a run for its money, and the Reverb has some neat tricks up its sleeve.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by cokeisbetter

I couldn't find it just now, but I remember some sort of a sticky/FAQ/something having info on true bypass, and how some companies would market their products with terms like "true (insert something here) bypass" (like "true hard bypass"), which wouldn't be "true bypass", but would fool some people. However, these pedals do seem to have true bypass - although I'm not completely sure.
Quote by Lunchbox362
Digitech are great pedals and many artists use them.Now I don't think there's any reason to lie.
My pedals:
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah GCB-95
Ibanez Tube Screamer (TS-9)
Digitech Hot Head
MXR Phase 90
Digitech DigiDelay
a pedal is only tb when it says "True Bypass". If it has any other word in between "True" and "bypass" it's not tb.
Quote by papersun87
You guys care way too much about whether a pedal is true bypass or not.

I don't know if you're refering to me or not, but I have two non-true-bypass pedals and I have no reservations about buying a non-true-bypass pedal as long as it does what it is meant to do great.
Quote by papersun87
Not you specifically, but only one person in this thread has actually mentioned how the pedal actually SOUNDS, which is way more important if you ask me.

I don't really care if it's true bypass or not as long as it's got a good bypass. About how they sound, I really can't comment, since Youtube videos only go so far (I can't really comment on whether the delay and the reverb are good or not, but I hated the Tube Distortion or whatever the third ProGuitarShop vid was - then again I hate all distortion pedal videos I see on Youtube, more or less) and I haven't tested them myself.
Quote by Lunchbox362
The bypass was very good on them. I would say it is certainly better than the bypass on Boss stuff. It is nice to keep some buffered bypass stuff in a chain though (helps drive long cables, helps minimize the "pop" when engaging true bypass stuff).

And to Ghold125, some TB stuff is sold as Hardwire bypass. So lets stop the corksniffery. True bypass is sort of the vogue phrase amongst pedal snobs these days, and I would argue most of them have no clue what it is. Furthermore, there are drawbacks as well as pluses, one drawback being the pop when engaging TB pedals
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
X), i just felt like being picky. But ill go over to my local guitar center, see if they have any in stock.