Hello, I have been feeling this for a couple of years. Generally, I'm always calm and relaxed. I always look bored and unhappy. I feel apathetic most of the time and sometimes sad for no reason at all. Things do not really interest or excite me that much anymore, I don't really care about anything it seems.

I never get enough sleep (although this feeling has been in me since around 6th grade). I sometimes go a day or two with only eating snack food. I do not drink a lot of water (mostly juice and soda).

Everything else is pretty much normal in my life. I'm just wondering why I am like this and if it is normal. I do not think it's necessarily a problem, but it's just awkward.

Nobody has really said anything about it to me besides that I'm always chill and relaxed (in a positive way). But people have pointed at that I look bored and unhappy all the time, mostly in class or just normal activities.

If you've ever listened to "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd, you could kinda understand how I feel (except without the drugs keeping me going). I have been somewhat desensitized to pain (no, I am not emo ). I feel somewhat numb and isolated from my emotions. I do not express many emotions, I'm just usually neutral. Hopefully that helps you understand.

What does the Pit think? Does the Pit think? help
Last edited by paulvxD at Jul 28, 2008,
I dunno man... like, you know... hmm, yeah.

I was too apathetic to reply properly.

Why not get into some debates or deliberately do stuff to emotionally drive you?
Quote by Jackolas
I dunno man... like, you know... hmm, yeah.

I was too apathetic to reply properly.

Why not get into some debates or deliberately do stuff to emotionally drive you?

I do, nothing happens. I spend a lot of time playing music, nothing really happens except that I have fun
well id say that could be a sign of depression maybe
feeling apathetic with no motivation to do anything is sometimes a sign
but i dunno wt u can do about that

i would say tho
make sure u try and eat 3 meals a day
and drink more water
and sleep more
if you do that you'll have a lot more energy and you'll be more motivated to do stuff
if that doesnt work go see a doctor dude
I think you're just attention seeking, sorry. I consider you normal. You are not depressed.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Jul 28, 2008,
Quote by oscar666
well id say that could be a sign of depression maybe
feeling apathetic with no motivation to do anything is sometimes a sign
but i dunno wt u can do about that

i would say tho
make sure u try and eat 3 meals a day
and drink more water
and sleep more
if you do that you'll have a lot more energy and you'll be more motivated to do stuff
if that doesnt work go see a doctor dude

I am motivated to do things. I just don't really have a care for things (maybe because it's summer and school is my top priority). I have no reason to be depressed, really.

Quote by Harmonius
I think you're just attention seeking, sorry. I consider you normal.

No, I am not attention seeking.
lack of sleep, you don't have the energy in your head to be interested in things.

also the sh.it you eat isn't helping
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Quote by paulvxD
Hello, I have been feeling this for a couple of years. Generally, I'm always calm and relaxed. I always look bored and unhappy. I feel apathetic most of the time and sometimes sad for no reason at all. Things do not really interest or excite me that much anymore, I don't really care about anything it seems.

I never get enough sleep (although this feeling has been in me since around 6th grade). I sometimes go a day or two with only eating snack food. I do not drink a lot of water (mostly juice and soda).

:

theres ure problem dude
especially sleep had same problem just sleep more
Quote by bikerboyjosh
lack of sleep, you don't have the energy in your head to be interested in things.

I get enough sleep to operate properly, just not the recommended 8 hours. I also do not eat like that everday, just maybe once a week. I usually eat healthy, organic foods.
Quote by bikerboyjosh

He's right you know. It doesn't sound like depression and I hate people throwing around the D word as much as the next guy. Sleep is really important in my opinion...

At night, just get off the PC, go and read or watch TV perhaps and chill out and sleep will come.
I'd say you just turned fourteen less than a year ago. That is the only problem.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Sounds like you may have slightly anxiety issues. I say that because it is an often cause for sleep disorders for teenagers and young adults. I had the same problems as you when I was in high school. It's kind of a chain...anxiety inadvertantly keeps me up during the night so I don't have the energy I need throughout the day. It also is detrimental to your overall wellness to have such bad eating habits. Sugar crashes also add to this "boredom" you seem to have. Eat healthier and get some exercise to get those endorphins running.

I don't want to tell you to do drugs...but have you ever smoked weed? A few hits at night before you go to sleep can put you out and give you a good night of sleep. It shouldn't be too hard for you to get some in San Jose.

I dunno that's just what I thought of when I read thru your post. I think it's fairly decent advice, although has potential to be horrible

EDIT: I just read above me that you just turned 14. So...disregard my suggestion of weed, not a good time for you to be smoking . BUT exercise and eat healthy, those are still key.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

I was only going to post because you mentioned pink floyd, then I read your wall.. You seem normal. I'm the same....Always relaxed, unmotivated, somewhat unattached to my emotions.. Nothing wrong with it.
Quote by Harmonius
I think you're just attention seeking, sorry. I consider you normal.

helpful input

if you dont care for anyhting
you just need to find something that really interests you
try and find some new hobbies see if anything cathes ur interest

even then, i still think it could be lack of sleep and proper food
if you have no eneregy, your not gonna want to do anything
and nothing will interest you
I can't believe you just recommended someone with acute emotional concern and lack of it to smoke weed.
You're 14. Yes, it is normal.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
dude..start havng a lot of water...and stop drinkin soda's....its not good..and if youre having juices...just make sure u dont have tetra packed juices such as tropicana etc...make sure youre having freshly squeezed juices...n yeah..start working out a bit..play a sport...it'll help you sleep..maybe join a gym..try do get into a routine which is completely different from your routine now..get a girlfriend...make sure she knows how u are though..and just relax like you alwez do and dont worry about this too much...you might have a problem..but ofc..you can get over this problem...have a good one
Quote by stinger12345
Sounds like you may have slightly anxiety issues. I say that because it is an often cause for sleep disorders for teenagers and young adults. I had the same problems as you when I was in high school. It's kind of a chain...anxiety inadvertantly keeps me up during the night so I don't have the energy I need throughout the day. It also is detrimental to your overall wellness to have such bad eating habits. Sugar crashes also add to this "boredom" you seem to have. Eat healthier and get some exercise to get those endorphins running.

I don't want to tell you to do drugs...but have you ever smoked weed? A few hits at night before you go to sleep can put you out and give you a good night of sleep. It shouldn't be too hard for you to get some in San Jose.

I dunno that's just what I thought of when I read thru your post. I think it's fairly decent advice, although has potential to be horrible

No, I am never going to use drugs. I also do not have anything to be anxious about. I think sleep could be part of it, but I usually stay up late and then oversleep until I wake up (just in the summer).
I think that maybe if you made an effort to eat properly, you might begin to feel human again.

After all, if the ladies liked emotionless statues, they'd replace men with dildos.
Quote by Jackolas
I can't believe you just recommended someone with acute emotional concern and lack of it to smoke weed.

Well, a mood enhancer would be.. um.. good? No, I guess not.

Anyway, I'd suggest you get a sleep study. A lot of cases of ADD and minor emotional issues are actually a sleep disorder undiagnosed.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by paulvxD
No, I am never going to use drugs. I also do not have anything to be anxious about. I think sleep could be part of it, but I usually stay up late and then oversleep until I wake up (just in the summer).

Good answer my friend.
PS: Go to a psychiatrist and get it solved
Quote by dan ramP
RSOB and Gavs must have a great relationship to be able to sleep around so much
Quote by RSOB Bass
Yeah, it's pretty flexible. Like gavz.

Likes to play thread games, also!

*[/dead]*
Quote by paulvxD

Everything else is pretty much normal in my life. I'm just wondering why I am like this and if it is normal. I do not think it's necessarily a problem, but it's just awkward.

Nobody has really said anything about it to me besides that I'm always chill and relaxed (in a positive way). But people have pointed at that I look bored and unhappy all the time, mostly in class or just normal activities.

If you've ever listened to "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd, you could kinda understand how I feel (except without the drugs keeping me going). I have been somewhat desensitized to pain (no, I am not emo :rolleyes. I feel somewhat numb and isolated from my emotions. I do not express many emotions, I'm just usually neutral. Hopefully that helps you understand.

What does the Pit think? Does the Pit think? help

You just described me....
Quote by oscar666
helpful input

if you dont care for anyhting
you just need to find something that really interests you
try and find some new hobbies see if anything cathes ur interest

even then, i still think it could be lack of sleep and proper food
if you have no eneregy, your not gonna want to do anything
and nothing will interest you

I do not need a hobby. I am very serious about my music, it's like a passion for me almost. It's not exactly my life and it's not just a hobby. I don't know how to explain it but, it's the only thing I do besides internet browsing and hanging out with friends.

Quote by 666_Pounder
Get a girl.

I cannot be bothered with such things at this time. I also have no interests in anything right now, including particular girls.

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I think that maybe if you made an effort to eat properly, you might begin to feel human again.

After all, if the ladies liked emotionless statues, they'd replace men with dildos.

Have you realized that I am only 14? It's not like I'm gonna be out banging chicks anytime soon. I am not interested in a girlfriend right now because it is summer and it's hard to have a relationship like that.

Possibly, this is normal? I see others saying that I just "described them." Maybe it's just a teenage phase?
Quote by paulvxD
Possibly, this is normal? I see others saying that I just "described them." Maybe it's just a teenage phase?

That's what I like to hear.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

if you're concerned go ask a doctor and they can refer you to someone else if necessary.
from daylight...
...into darkness