Hi, ive had my RBX now for about 4 years and only occasionaly play it. I was wondering if i can possibly buy a fretless neck to put on it. I haven't got a fretless and would love to have a mess around one one, if i could do it on the cheap it would be an added bonus suppose (being a poor student haha)

I could fit the neck/do internation etc. myself. However i can't seem to find anywhere that is just selling the neck on its own. Can anybody push me in the right direction?

Cheers
www.warmoth.com

The Yamaha neck is bolt-on, so it shouldn't be hard attaching it. Check the measurements before you do anything though
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
The only problem with a neck from Warmoth is that your neck is a 24 fretter.

To get a 24 fret from Warmoth you'll have to have an extended fretboard, which are crap, and I very much doubt you'll intonate properly afterwards.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
aha i see, i think i will just keep my eyes open for an original yamaha neck to attach - that way i recon everythin will be alright.

Will keep checking ebay n shops aha
Just wondering, but is not defretting the original neck an option for you?
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
Quote by sinan90
Just wondering, but is not defretting the original neck an option for you?

well i was gonna do that to start off with, but i could do with keeping the original neck as a spare you see, just incase something happens to my fender.
It'd probably be much easier to just buy a replacement neck for your Fender than it would be to find a fretless Yamaha neck though.
Founder of Jaco society

Then fill in where they were, and voila a lined fretless.
Founder of Jaco society

if you put a shorter neck on, you can always move the bridge forward to compensate for it. If i remember rightly you measure from the nut to the 12th, and that measurement should be the same from the 12th to the bridge, and you have to allow enough so you can adjust intonation etc.
I'm actually defretting the neck on my 170 next week. I'll post some results, if it was easy or not, y'know.

The way the dude explained it to me was that rosewood necks (assuming yours is too) are fairly easy to remove the frets from, with the proper tool. He's lending it to me to save cost, then we're going to sand the whole thing down and use the dust to fill the slots.
Schecterman's Accomplice, of the Schecter Stiletto Players Will Rule The World Club. PM Fett13 or Your41Plague12 to join.

EQ:
Schecter Stiletto Extreme 5
Yamaha RBX170
The dust to fill in the slots? How will it hold? I think you're better off using wood filler.
Quote by Demon Wolf
Man, you even got the melody right. +1000000 points.

Quote by Night_Lights
^thats a brilliant call. *jots in notebook*