Page 1 of 2
they suck at virtual instrumenst.. how bad is that ?

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Id rather kids be playing that rather than playing some fake plastic instrument and thinking that they will be able to "pWn" on the real thing
Quote by Skwisgar
The trip would reach its climax when you came across a character filling a pool via fapping and attempting to drown innocent people in it

Quote by Diet_coke_head
I ran up and started screaming rape because I knew she would never cheat on me.
Wow, what a horrible idea. What is this world coming to? First Guitar Hero and Rock Band(which I actually enjoy sometimes), and now this. If people want to actually enjoy playing music, then they should learn REAL instruments.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
Gaming thread, man.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by cliffemall123
Wow, what a horrible idea. What is this world coming to? First Guitar Hero and Rock Band(which I actually enjoy sometimes), and now this. If people want to actually enjoy playing music, then they should learn REAL instruments.

I often wonder if people who say things like this actually have a sense of humour...
Quote by GiantRaven
I often wonder if people who say things like this actually have a sense of humour...

Yes, I have a sense of humour. I just thought this game looked really dumb.
Quote by mexicanmidget88

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

Quote by cliffemall123
Yes, I have a sense of humour. I just thought this game looked really dumb.

Theres a large difference between a game looking uninteresting to you and saying that people shouldn't play it and do what you say instead
Quote by GiantRaven
Theres a large difference between a game looking uninteresting to you and saying that people shouldn't play it and do what you say instead

Whatever, I really don't see why you care so much over something I said that really isn't a big deal.
Quote by mexicanmidget88

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

R.I.P. George Carlin

It's a game for christ's sake, people should stop being so up there own arse. Racing drivers don't complain when people play the myriad of Racing games. Anglers don't complain when people play fishing games. Athletes don't complain when people play sporting games. The list goes on.

Why do half the people on UG seem to think that because they can play a real guitar they can decide who gets to pretend to play it?
Quote by cliffemall123

Exactly, and if people want to actually enjoy shooting people, then they should join the REAL army instead of playing Call of Duty 4, Counterstrike etc.

If people want to actually enjoy racing cars, then they should race REAL cars rather than play Gran Turismo and Project Gotham etc.

And if people want to actually enjoy driving a bus, they should drive a REAL bus rather than play [url="http://img11.nnm.ru/imagez/gallery/e/6/8/8/3/e68836f1556f48a7b76ccc06aec12edf_full.jpg[/url"]Bus Simulator.

Right?!
Exactly, and if people want to actually enjoy shooting people, then they should join the REAL army instead of playing Call of Duty 4, Counterstrike etc.

If people want to actually enjoy racing cars, then they should race REAL cars rather than play Gran Turismo and Project Gotham etc.

And if people want to actually enjoy driving a bus, they should drive a REAL bus rather than play [url="http://img11.nnm.ru/imagez/gallery/e/6/8/8/3/e68836f1556f48a7b76ccc06aec12edf_full.jpg[/url"]Bus Simulator.

Right?!
Okay, I think you took what I said a little bit out of proportion.
Quote by mexicanmidget88

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

R.I.P. George Carlin

Last edited by cliffemall123 at Jul 28, 2008,
I thought it looked pretty cool, I hope they give that away on the Wii channel rather than making you pay for it though.
Quote by rizo299
It's a game for christ's sake, people should stop being so up there own arse. Racing drivers don't complain when people play the myriad of Racing games. Anglers don't complain when people play fishing games. Athletes don't complain when people play sporting games. The list goes on.

Why do half the people on UG seem to think that because they can play a real guitar they can decide who gets to pretend to play it?

Lol....fishing games
I usually use GH2 to warm my fingers up on a morning while I'm eating my breakfast.
This thing looks a bit stupid though.
That was awesome! Man, I would laugh my ass off at that thing.
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
Dear god what have they done....
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Besides the drums I heard this game is extremely simple. You only use two buttons to make sounds (the 1 and 2 buttons). I can't really say this is is going to be good or terrible since I haven't played it yet and when the Super Mario game came out everyone said how good it was but I freakin' HATED that game. So I kind of don't want to say it's going to be good or bad just yet but I have a feeling it wont be too great.
Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join
Quote by CrowLord
It looks good beside the whole "you cant fail ever" thing

You fail the second you spend actual money on it.
Whats the point of playing it?
You can never lose, it just plays the music no matter what button you press.
Listen to a fucking cd, you get better music without the bullshit.
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Quote by Ez0ph
Whats the point of playing it?
You can never lose, it just plays the music no matter what button you press.
Listen to a fucking cd, you get better music without the bullshit.

BAWWWWWW

Maybe some people just want to have some casual fun with music without having to invest years of practice and large amounts of money.
Quote by cliffemall123

I agree that this looks like a horrible idea. I also agree that people should learn real instruments to play music as it's far more rewarding and useful in the long run. However I think that GH and RB are always good fun for alittle while, here and there, but this game looks quite awful.
KENZI199 is from the internet.
Quote by rizo299
BAWWWWWW

Maybe some people just want to have some casual fun with music without having to invest years of practice and large amounts of money.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware you had to practice for years and pay large amounts of money to learn how to use a cd player.
Its no wonder you are Wii Music's target audience.
I <3 Drugs.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Quote by KENZI199
I agree that this looks like a horrible idea. I also agree that people should learn real instruments to play music as it's far more rewarding and useful in the long run. However I think that GH and RB are always good fun for alittle while, here and there, but this game looks quite awful.

Yeah, if you noticed I did say that I enjoy Guitar Hero and Rock Band sometimes.
Quote by mexicanmidget88

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

R.I.P. George Carlin

Quote by Ez0ph
I'm sorry, I wasn't aware you had to practice for years and pay large amounts of money to learn how to use a cd player.

Quote by mexicanmidget88

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

R.I.P. George Carlin

Quote by Ez0ph

Oh ho ho, I see what you did there.

But you missed one thing.

The idea is to play music, not just listen to it. If it simulated using a cd player, I think it would have a much smaller audience.

Don't be a douche all your life.
'allows people who cant play real instruments to experience the joy of performing music'

learn a dam instrument if you want the experience of performing music
Quote by rizo299
Oh ho ho, I see what you did there.

But you missed one thing.

The idea is to play music, not just listen to it. If it simulated using a cd player, I think it would have a much smaller audience.

Don't be a douche all your life.

Lol calm down it was a joke, I saw an opening and went for it.
You people always jump on the anti-music video game guys so much you have all your arguements pre lined up and you dont even pay attention to what your saying anymore.
I just don't see how anyone can find it fun.
It plays a random note every time you press the button.
Theres no game to play there.
At least with guitar hero you feel like your doing something.
I <3 Drugs.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Quote by TheHereAway
'allows people who cant play real instruments to experience the joy of performing music'

learn a dam instrument if you want the experience of performing music

The Wii's target audience is casual gamers. People who can't comprehend playing real games like Call of Duty or Mass Effect. If they can handle eight buttons and two thumb sticks, then how do you expect them to have the brain capacity to learn a musical instrument?
Quote by Ez0ph
Lol calm down it was a joke, I saw an opening and went for it.
You people always jump on the anti-music video game guys so much you have all your arguements pre lined up and you dont even pay attention to what your saying anymore.
I just don't see how anyone can find it fun.
It plays a random note every time you press the button.
Theres no game to play there.
At least with guitar hero you feel like your doing something.

I knew exactly what I was saying and it wasn't directed towards the CD player comment.

I don't see how any one can find watching sports fun but I don't jump on them for doing so.

The reason I hate all this anti-music game nonsense is because its so elitist and inane.
Quote by rizo299
I knew exactly what I was saying and it wasn't directed towards the CD player comment.

I don't see how any one can find watching sports fun but I don't jump on them for doing so.

The reason I hate all this anti-music game nonsense is because its so elitist and inane.

Well I agree with you about the anti-music game thing.
Games like Guitar Hero and Rock Band aren't ruining future guitarists or any of the **** everyone keeps saying.
And not everyone should have to learn an instrument to enjoy it.
But Wii Music is a shit game from a gaming perspective, not just a musical one.
I don't even see how casual gamers would be able to find it fun, which is who the Wii is mostly directed towards.
I <3 Drugs.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Page 1 of 2