I'm saving for a new amp, will take some months but I wanna know what to go for.
My budget will be around $600, give or take. I use a Gibson SG Faded and I play mostly Metallica and Iron Maiden, but I play a lot of other stuff too so it should have a decent clean channel.

I don't want anything to big cause if I get a 100W amp I will use it on really low volume, and it won't sound too good.

So what amp do you think suits me?
Last edited by gudinge at Jul 28, 2008,
alright. im going to say it, yes try out a valveking.

dont listen to the bandwagon idiots, who say that theyre crap, cause most of them in fact probably havent even heard one/played through one.

theyre a solid amp and i love mine.

the speaker mods and whatever arent really all that necessary, they sound pretty nice stock.

good luck with your quest man.
Quote by xxXshredderXxx

theyre a solid amp and i love mine.

Aren't they tubes? at least the 112 is

The mini seems a bit to small, I don't really want low volumes I just don't want a too big so I can't get a good tone from it without blowing my windows out, I checked out the valveking 112 and it seems to be a good amp.
i think he ment it was relible like solid not solid state lol

belive me a 5 watt cranked is loud proberly to loud for a bedroom so what do you think 50 will be like you will be using a valveking to barely any where near its potential if your just plying at home and not preety good size gigs but that mini collosial has a power sponge so u could get cranked sounds at lower volumes
Yeah it meant 'solid' as a superlative.

I hear excellent things about the Crate V50 amps - apparently far superior to Valvekings.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Oh, sorry my bad :P

Will I be able to get good metal sounds with the mini?

The Mesa F-30 is too expensive in Sweden costs over $1000
hmm id say should be ok but u would have 100 dollers left over for a distoration if u need one and it has an efeects loop