holy christ that was awesome. great voice, tight playing, and great mixing. Heavy yet very melodic, i liked the lead tone and the solo a lot.

I also dig the concept behind your website.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
Last edited by sixstringsteve at Jul 28, 2008,
Tight playing. Thats a pretty cool guitar riff right there in the intro, even though its simple. Like I always say, often times less is more, especially when coupled with that guitar fill. Nice singing too, I would lower the keyboard volumes though. Its a little too high, especially with a pounding guitar like that. Also, a clean guitar line here and there would also improve it. Check out my own band's music at http://www.myspace.com/20milligrams.

I have to say that that would make good movie music.
Mesa/Boogie Road King (v2) 120 Watt (std. tube config) on Traditional Road King Cabs (2x 4x12)- B.C. Rich Custom Shop Warlock 7-string and Modded B.C. Rich Plat. Pro Warlock 7-string - Boss GT-PRO
wow, man that's totally awesome, i loved it, the new song sounds great too, you got any older stuff? I'd love to hear that too, i don't really have any adivce or crit' e.t.c i loved it as it was, so yeah, keep me posted on any new stuff you do, my myspace is in my sig so add me if you've got myspace!
Your recording quality is fantastic! I was going to ask what you used but it was all nicely listed on your site. DFH nice choice!

This is very good music (I'm sorted of reminded of Symphony-x and Evanescence)and must of taken along time to sequence and record. Keep up the good work, like the theme as well (I'm doing physics at university right now).

C4C http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/delcypher/ ?
Wow, thanks for the positive comments guys, I'm so glad you like it (:
First impressions are that you have a fantastic recording quality. Great mixing.

Second impression is that your chops are very tight; well done.

I'm a huge Rain Fell Within, Nightwish, Symphony X, Dream Theater etc. fan so I had no trouble slipping back a few years and listening to this genre; it's not something I touch too often these days.

Lady Lau is a terrific singer with a beautiful voice, though since she's well established and professional I doubt she needs to hear such a thing coming from a peon like me.

The concept behind the music, though on second thought it seems to be more of a muse than a concept, is certainly interesting enough, though not necessarily new; it's great to hear consilience is still consciously alive and well out there in the music world.

I have to say, however, that the vocals are what really make this song. The guitar work is minimal... though that's entirely okay, as it works perfectly and is done very well.

I'm really excited for you, I think you've opened up huge opportunities for yourself with the quality and scope of what you already have. Granted, you only have one piece released, but it is, if I do say so, professionally well done. I'm all antsy in my pantsy for what you could accomplish.

How old are you? How long have you been playing? Other than metaphysical jargon and meandering, what inspired the first song you linked to?
My God, it's full of stars!
Thanks for your comments Dreadnought, I'll try to answer you to the best of my abilities

LadyLau is indeed a very professional singer. The recordings she sent me was very high quality! This was my first song ever with vocals, so there was a lot to learn on mixing. I asked Arjen Lucassen for some tips (I love his productions) and he was kind enough to provide some very nice tips&tricks (if you pm me your email I'll forward it to you).

You are absolutely right about the fact that the vocals make this song! I am not a great guitar player by far, so I try to keep it simple and clean and try to do it well instead. The biggest focus is on the vocals and the lyrics, since they tell an important story.

I am 25 years old, I have been playing guitar on and off since I was 11 (I had a few years pause since my poor old Squier got worn out, literally -- there were hardly any frets left!). I started composing spring 2007, and I am still learning new things almost every day. "War" was composed early in 2008.

The inspiration for "War" came entirely while I was reading a book by Lee Smolin called "The Trouble With Physics: The Rise of String Theory, the Fall of a Science, and What Comes Next". This book describes how the rise of string theory may be hurting science as we know it by becoming an established untestable theory, and how it has sparked a conflict between various "camps" in the field of fundamental physics (that's the the "war between the headstrong").

If you or anyone else have more questions then please do ask! (:
I also want to thank everybody for the kind remarks! It's good to read such specific feedback as well.. I'm really glad to be a part of Andreas' project, and I'm sure there's more where this one came from
Wow :O that was amazing man, I loved it, sound quality was unbelieveable, and everything was just tighly knit together, and everything went well together.

The vocals were incredibly well done (Gratz LadyLau) and the instrumentation totally complimented the vocals and style of the piece.

I don't have much time so I can't check out your website and theorys and stuff right now, but reading the other comments, it sounds like an... unique idea.

Did you play all the instruments in the piece? I liked the guitar solo, added to the song without taking the focus off the vocals, Although it would be a cool climax to have all the instruments come in while the guitar solo takes place, then you could have it be more flashy, and have vocals over it too, so the guitar doesn't steal all the focus.

I don't usually listen to this kind of thing, but I have heard Evanescence and Within Temptation, which your music reminded me of a lot.

All in all, a very solid musical performances, and I see a lot of potential for you to move forward with this project, good luck

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=893984
Quote by \m/Gaz
Wow :O that was amazing man, I loved it, sound quality was unbelieveable, and everything was just tighly knit together, and everything went well together.

The vocals were incredibly well done (Gratz LadyLau) and the instrumentation totally complimented the vocals and style of the piece.
Thankyou

Quote by \m/Gaz
I liked the guitar solo, added to the song without taking the focus off the vocals, Although it would be a cool climax to have all the instruments come in while the guitar solo takes place, then you could have it be more flashy, and have vocals over it too, so the guitar doesn't steal all the focus.

I actually was glad there was a bit of music not filled with my vocals Seriously: I think it's good for a song of this lenght to keep the variety also in instrumentals and give every instrument a 'time to shine' so to speak.
Hey man, writing as listening.

Sweet freaking song. I love how it kicks in the galloping alternate picking part. The variety in this song is awesome. Vocals are stupid good. Very well produced, very well mixed. Everything works in balance and in harmony. It's a powerfully pleasant experience. Digging the half way point. Syncopated guitars add a nice feel to the structure of the song. Solo has some pretty impressive guitar work. Could be a little louder. It's kind of lost in the mix during some points. Loving the drum patterns. Again, quality here is insane. Pure awesome.

If you care, I would love you to listen to our song.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=923563

Hopefully if you ever get to it you enjoy it as much as I did with yours
Quality of recording is superb. Love your songs.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by LadyLau
I actually was glad there was a bit of music not filled with my vocals Seriously: I think it's good for a song of this lenght to keep the variety also in instrumentals and give every instrument a 'time to shine' so to speak.

yeah, I know what you mean, but of what I've read, the whole song is more about the lyrics/vocals than the music itself, but I get what you mean by 'chance to shine' and usually I'd say having a guitar solo, but in this case I thought that the music wasn't as much of an issue, and was more of a rhythm to the lead of the vocals, obviously I mis-understood
That was great, sounds like you've been making music for many many years. Only thing that sometime annoyed me was the keyboard, some of the chords were held way too long, even if it flowed well it sometimes got on my nerves. But other then that It was great.
Amazing. This song totally reminds me of the sci-fi side project of Alf Svensson (ex at the gates) called oxiplegatz. Especially the female vocals... One thing that does stand out to me, is the lack of male vocals. I think with some clean, and deep male vox this would sound a little more complete...Not taking anything away from this song though, dont get me wrong, its still incredible.

As for a crit, i cant think of anything negative to say about it. Everything was very tight. Great solo at around the 5 minute mark. Perfectly phrased. ANd it led right back into the riffage extremely well. Structuring is great of the riffs as well. Levels of all instruments were perfect. Were those real drums or a machine? If they were a machine, what program did you use?

Great stuff man!!

If you get a chance to look at some of my stuff in my profile, that would be awesome. (its nowhere near as good as yours but maybe you could get me a few pointers)