Hey UGers... i am looking into buying a new amp... instead if my crappy one, which i got from a friend after he rapped holes into it, my budget is around $100. i liked the peavey variety of amps at this price but i only saw them on the net... any suggestions, I want something with versatile and that adapts to many styles of music, i play some metal stuff, classic rock, trying some of jazz and blues, and I play an Ibanez RG 1570 with stock pickups ( I know stock pickups URGG).
Your not going to get much for $100. Maybe a used microcube though.
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
Save a little more and get yourself a roland cube or a vox valvtronix.

For now you can make your tone significantly better by putting the magnet from the neck pickup in your bridge and the magnet from your bridge pickup in the neck. It'll give you more output, clarity and better high end in the bridge and it'll give you a warmer louder pickup with better midrange in the neck.
Not taking any online orders.
You may be able to get an epiphone valve jr for about that, if you go used. A nice little amp and good tone, although you may need a pedal to do serious metal on it.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
peaveys are always a good choice for the budget player imho ... but of course, the more you save for a new amp the better you can get ... always check on ebay because there are bargains to be had with a little patience
take care,
cormac

"The sea was red and the sky was grey
"Wondered how tomorrow could ever follow today"
-- zep
Quote by CorduroyEW
Save a little more and get yourself a roland cube or a vox valvtronix.

For now you can make your tone significantly better by putting the magnet from the neck pickup in your bridge and the magnet from your bridge pickup in the neck. It'll give you more output, clarity and better high end in the bridge and it'll give you a warmer louder pickup with better midrange in the neck.

I never touched my Pups before, are u sure am gonna have a better sound if i switched those magnets???
^I'm sure.

It and easy mod to do to. To get the magnets out you just loosen the 4 screws on the bottom of the pickup (don't take them all the way out) and use a small flatblade screwdriver to push the magnet out of the pickup. Make a note of which side was facing the adjustable poles so that when you slide it back into the other pickup the same side of the magnet is still facing the adjustable poles. Tighten your screws back down and reinstall the pickup. You don't even have to solder anything.
Not taking any online orders.