Right, I have played loads of guitars and owned loads, but just cant find the right guitar for me...

I want that stadium pop sound at a cheap price!

I am swaying toward the Gibson SG Standard sound...anyone know any good copies of this? I had an Epiphone G400 Korina which was pretty good but im after something a lil bit more 'edgy'

Cort M800 - £320
Cort MR780FX - £220
wtf is stadium pop?
give an example or two
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
I think the Jonas brothers is stadium rock
EDIT: STadium POPOPOPO. not rock
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
I think the Jonas brothers is stadium rock
EDIT: STadium POPOPOPO. not rock

Yeah im guessing thats the sorta sound im after...

Something like that, mostly palm muted power chords etc.

wanna get live sounds similar to: Blink 182, New Found Glory, Click Five and yes Jonas Brothers...I just dig the guitars!
Cort M800 - £320
Cort MR780FX - £220
Oh dear. Prepare to be flamed.

And I would recommend an Epiphone '57 Les Paul Junior
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I think the genre you're looking for is power pop.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
^And with that in mind, Just use pretty much Any epiphone or Squier. Colour used to matter, but since Avril Lavigne, anything goes, really.
(And aside the point, but who the **** are the Jonas brothers?)
EDIT: For specifics, strats usually work a treat, but SG's, Les Pauls, Telecasters - basically anything that's pretty mainstream)
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Last edited by Korzack at Jul 28, 2008,
Dude, it doesn't really matter what you get for a guitar in this case, I think. Tele's, LP's, SG's, Strat's.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
get a gibson tom delonge sig

or the squier avril lavigne telecaster
Quote by TDS
You know what would be awsome? A phone that doubled as a fleshlight that recharged power through kinetic motion.

"hold on guys my phone's dying."
*fap*
"Ok we're good."
Anything used by a band like Green Day. The Epi '57 LP Jr. (or any LP Jr.) would do you good.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
well i have the 57 Jr. Sunburst. It has a p-100 so basicly a humbucker with the p90 twang. Great for pop punk.
Quote by element166
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JUvbJekM88&feature=related the jonas brothers D: a waste to music and a waste to gibson customs =/

As a totally unbiased viewpoint into how their music sounds (Yeah Right... ), I have one onomatopoeia to describe what they sound like; Ugh. Simplistic with a horrid voice that sounds like he's trying to hard.

Anyhow, if you want something for Stadium Pop, go with something mainstream, maybe a HSS strat and a solid state amp (Not one with effects) with a fuzz pedal. That may be something similar to what you're looking for.