if you're into d-beat punk most of that is distorted bass. if not most of lemmys(motorhead) stuff is distorted.
fender aerodyne jazz bass>mxr el grande bass fuzz>boss odb-3>dunlop crybaby bass wah>randall rba 500 es/ampeg 8x10
A lot of Muse and Rush is good for distortion. However most of the songs are biamped so it will be hard to get the same sound
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by SHEEM
Inb4 Ace Of Spades

Someone already mentioned Lemmy and Motorhead
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by vickers89
everyones favourite

RHCP - All around the world

...never fails to please

+ hysteria
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Salute Your Solution - Raconteurs

GAS
Throbak Stonebender | Fulltone Deja Vibe | Catalinbread Semaphore
Have you heard of Electric Wizard. A lot of their stuff is really heaver down tuned extreme fuzz bass.
A lot of RATM songs have bass distortion on them.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
most of what everyone else has said, just about any muse song has bass distortion, I think cochise by audioslave uses some distortion too, I'm so glad by cream uses distortion and fretless bass too
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by ScottB.
A lot of Muse and Rush is good for distortion. However most of the songs are biamped so it will be hard to get the same sound

Huh-wah? Which songs?

Pretty much anything Cliff Burton did with Mettalica, God rest his soul, will have distortion. I'm actually currently working on Anesthia, which has got to be one of the greatest bass solo's of all time.
Quote by vickers89
John entwhistle used distortion most of the time in the who. Especially that famous bass solo in my generation

I'm pretty sure he just cranked the amps rather than used a pedal though.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
Quote by FbSa
Huh-wah? Which songs?

Pretty much anything Cliff Burton did with Mettalica, God rest his soul, will have distortion. I'm actually currently working on Anesthia, which has got to be one of the greatest bass solo's of all time.

Seriously? Rush has a distinct sound, the bassist has a synthy kinda thing going.
look up danko jones, almost all of their basslines have a nice overdrive/distortion on the go
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Time is running out. great distortion/fuzz stuff.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Check out some early Venom stuff, from the Welcome to Hell/Black Metal era. Some songs have clean bass, some have some nasty tube-overdriven bass. None have all-out distortion, but a ridiculous amount of tube growl and overdrive.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Muse, GTFO.
Schecterman's Accomplice, of the Schecter Stiletto Players Will Rule The World Club. PM Fett13 or Your41Plague12 to join.

EQ:
Schecter Stiletto Extreme 5
Yamaha RBX170
Radiohead - Exit Music (for a film).

My favourite use of a distorted bass.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by AboveTheBridge

Lol, that song gets alot of rotation in my house during jam sessions. Its simple and fun to play even on just bass and drums.

And DFA is another popular option in my house for obvious reasons. Great band and heavy use of distorted bass.