Been looking at 7s recently because I've wanted one ever since my brother got his 7321 (about a year and a half ago now). And even though I'm a fan of Ibanez necks, I think I'm gonna with something a bit different, mainly because Ibanez insist on sticking trems on pretty much all their 7s. Plus I want something a little higher quality than the 7321.

Because I wanted a fixed bridge, I thought my options were pretty much Schecter or nothing, but then I came across the ESP SC-607 for a stupidly cheap price. If you cba to click the link here are the specs-

Neck-thru-body
Maple Body
Maple neck, Rosewood Fretboard
25.5" scale
EMG 81-7 pickups
Tonepros bridge

Compare that with the specs of the Schecter Loomis.

Set Neck
Ash Body
Maple neck and fretboard
26.5" scale
EMG 707 pickups
Tonepros bridge

The only real differences I can see are the pickups and that Ash will give a brighter tone than Maple will. Also, the SC neck is thinner (which does appeal to me a lot more).

So, which do you think I should go for and why?

Cheers.
The Ibanez XPT707fx Xiphos 7 string doesn't have a tremolo. Just another suggestion...

Neck Thru
Mahogany Body
Dimarzio D Activator Pickups

So if you like the Ibanez necks better this one might be an option.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
^^ I checked it out a while ago, but I really don't like the shape. It's a shame, cos on paper its a good guitar and I'm sure its great to play, but I can't buy a guitar that I'm not happy looking at. Plus £800 isn't exactly cheap.
Quote by Tom_hatton
^^ I checked it out a while ago, but I really don't like the shape. It's a shame, cos on paper its a good guitar and I'm sure its great to play, but I can't buy a guitar that I'm not happy looking at. Plus £800 isn't exactly cheap.

Very true, theres many i guitars out there that sound so good on paper, but they look awful, it's a shame.

In that case the ESP looks better if you like thinner necks. But i don't get why they don't space out the pickups more.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
I kind of like the Bridge-Middle thing they're got going on. Just adds a bit of variety, its not another boring looking black guitar.

Cheers for the input
FWIW, I have the Mahogany SC and I love it. The middle pickup is surprisingly useful and it feels fantastic overall.

The Loomis is a very nice guitar, and I'd love to get my hands on one, but seeing as how I haven't, I'm going to advocate the SC
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"