I play using a HSS Standard Strat and I like to play blues hard rock. I am beginning to customize my guitar and would like a new set of pickups. What would be some suggestions on pickups for blues hard rock?
what's your budget and amp?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
My budget is pretty much whatever. I just received a nice settlement so I thought I would s[ice up my guitar a bit. My amp is a Fender Super Champ XD.
are you in the USA?

if so, duncans are pretty decent value; maybe a pearly gates in the bridge, and some of their vintage-hot singles (if they do such a thing; if not, perhaps sl1s).

dimarzio are decent value too, but i haven't tried any of their pickups which are aimed at the tones you're after.

if you have more than that, you could always go boutique/handwound.

EDIT: when you say "blues hard rock", do you mean blues and hard rock, or is there a specific genre called "blues hard rock"?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I am in the USA. Just the more bluesy-hard rock stuff like The Black Crowes type of music.
ok dokey, thanks. i'd have thought a pearly gates would be cool for that type of music.

if you are willing to spend more, wcr, wolfetone, lollar, stephens design, etc. etc. are probably worth a look; i haven't tried them, but i've tried british handwound pickups (which won't be as good value where you are), and they're nice. I assume the US-based ones are nice too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The other thing is, emailing the companies involved can often help a lot. most are willing to give advice if you e-mail them.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Call Duncan's cust serv line and talk it thru with them. You don't have to buy from them obviously but it's great to have a live person to talk to. And because a lot of people (here for example) are familiar with their line, you can then make better comparisons to competition and what other's think.

Good luck.
bridge - Dimarzio Norton
mid - Dimarzio HS-3
neck - Dimarzio YJM
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100