Hi

I’ve always wanted something like this for myself when I'm stuck in a hotel room on the road and so on... but to be honest I could never be convinced to try one out because I'm not so sure they would sound like a real amp...

Then I came across this

I know and trust the waves stuff from my work with them in the studio.

Anyone?
Never heard of it, but it seems like a glorified headphone amp. Boss Micro BR is a very high quality toy/processor. It costs about $200, but it's sound quality is way above the Pocket Pod. The Korg Pandora is also an interesting option at $160, but I've never tried one. the Pocket Pods are pretty cheaply made and a bit fizzy sounding.
Quote by CJRocker
Never heard of it, but it seems like a glorified headphone amp. Boss Micro BR is a very high quality toy/processor. It costs about $200, but it's sound quality is way above the Pocket Pod. The Korg Pandora is also an interesting option at $160, but I've never tried one. the Pocket Pods are pretty cheaply made and a bit fizzy sounding.

First off thanks for the knowledge

To sum up - Boss - $200, ouch!, Korg - $160 but never heard it, Pocket Pod - stay away. right?

Hey for $80 at GC waves might still get my buck

Anyone actually heard this?
Quote by moody07747
Magicstomp MKII has headphone output which you can use on the road

my review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axeuRbMubKk

Or you can get a podket POD however you can find good deals for the yamaha magicstomp on ebay these days.

Very cool review David, thank you!

That looks like a cool unit but hardly something I could take with me to jam poolside or in the park...

I have a lot of other great equipment so I'm really interested in size, price and quality of sound, from what I gather here the waves iGTR beats the pocket POD.

I will head to GC tommorow and finally hear for myself.
Pocket pod it's better than Waves iGTR i think..You have a screen more effects,more frinedly,more amp - cabs and you can use the trble,bass,mid,drive to your sound on wavs not(i think)...I will buy one...But that's me
Last edited by MetalMan-93 at Aug 2, 2008,
actually, the pocket pod is great for the price, but get some good headphones for it.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Got it!

$80 at GC. sound really cool.

I tried out the pocket pod while I was there, its nice but the $50 price difference did it for me...