i have an idea of a sound like van halen
i want to combine a les paul with fender by just putting a new pickup in my super duper metal guitar esp m-1000 .it really is a good looking and a fine quality guitar.now i wanna make a non-steril warm guitar with some pikups that have good clean and that can take the rock amount of distortion.....of course i taught of putting the les paul pikups but im not rellay sure about that. the wood is alder.
So once again you are curious about which pickups to put in your guitar?

remember in your last thread about this how we made a whole bunch of suggestions? Go read that.

Also I believe that eddie has a signature pickup out by dimarzio, I could be wrong.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Øttər
So once again you are curious about which pickups to put in your guitar?

remember in your last thread about this how we made a whole bunch of suggestions? Go read that.

Also I believe that eddie has a signature pickup out by dimarzio, I could be wrong.

and im thankful but as i said in my previous topic i did try the mod and i own the tube amp,the 15watt marshall is what i use to test guitars.it was going oftopic so i created a new one.......so a warm sound.....but van halen....something
Ahh yes, just read the other thread. I'm sorry, I made an uneducated reply, and I try not to do that, but it happens all to often.

Well I recommend doing some research about what pickup Eddie has in the Frankenstrat
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Best bets without spending a fortune are the duncan Custom Custom or the Dimarzio Norton.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
OMG SEAGULLL I LOVE YOU! YOU HAD THAT FUNNY SONG IN YOUR SIG FOR A WHILE! YOU ARE FREAKING AWESOME.

K anyway customs are nice. lol.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
i want to avoid the buzzsaw distortion like in my emg whicch i want to replace.i want kinda warm sounding pickup.i was thinking ti put a 59 at the neck position and custom custom to bridge...also thought putting both 59 but iam not shure.anyway guitar is made of alder.
actuallly im thinking to put pearly gates or custom to bridge OR another 59....hm
Pearly Gates is pretty bright, probably not the best choice in alder. Duncan do make an "unofficial" Van Halen pickup, the 78 Model but that's kind of expensive, and only really something you'd get if you'd already replicated the rest of Eddie's rig.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
yeah, I'd say a Duncan Custom Custom.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
well, i DO know that eddie used a PAF with unevenly wound coils in the original frankenstrat, and Gibson makes a replica of said PAF (burstbucker) (yes, burstbucker. 57 classic has EVENLY wound, coils, ed used UNEVEN coils). that said, the burstbucker is expensive as s***, so a custom custom might be ur best bet.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
The PAF eddie used was out of a ES-335 but was rewound or something, might be wrong.
Quote by Invader Jim
Well, opinions are like assholes...

Quote by LP Addict
they excrete feces, playing a vital role in the digestion system?

lol
^was out of a 335, it died after a couple of years and was rewound almost exactly the same....why do i kno all this s***????
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Yer i thought so, wasnt it rewound by Dimarzio or something like that? A good PAF copy will give a good tone for what you want.
Quote by Invader Jim
Well, opinions are like assholes...

Quote by LP Addict
they excrete feces, playing a vital role in the digestion system?

lol
^idk who rewound it....all i know is it sounded good both ways! i still say duncan custom custom, but a good paf replica will also be a good move....
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
it doesnt have to sound van halen,i dont want a replica guitar, i just like the tone and i heard that he used some gibson pickups and when i say gibson i always think warm sound dont know why...but thats practically what i want.a warm sounding pickup,natural,i defenitly want to avoid the buzzsaw distortion becouse im totaly out of metal but i dont really want to sell the guitar becouse its my first real guitar...well at least i want to make a real guitar out of it :-) . and i think alder can give that to me if i choose the right pickup.i heard that duncan is the best for that.well id like to know if someone has expirience with them.