I've been looking for a les paul-style guitar.... but EVERY one has that ugly(just my opinion) cream binding. I want one that looks like a Gibson Les Paul Studio... and the only one that looks like that is the Epiphone LP Studio, and i'm NOT getting that.... it's a low grade guitar, AND it has dot inlays.

And i've been looking at Agile guitars, and ALL their LPs have cream binding on them, even the white, and the red ones. I just HATE binding. The only guitar i really want right now is the Gibson LP Studio, but i just don't happen to have $1,300 on me right now. I want a good, mid-range guitar, nothing fancy, but not a piece of crap.

Are there any good LP-shape guitars WITHOUT binding on them (looks like the Gibson LP Studio)?

Thanks.
O O

___
ltd eclipse series, forgot the names but some of them do not havent any binding
The only ones without binding are the ec-200 and down, and those have dot inlays.... and a double cut-away body, which i really don't like.

Any others?
O O

___
Don't think so, cream bindings are part of the image of LPs.
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
Look for one of the old EC400's on eBay or something.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by jmag
Look for one of the old EC400's on eBay or something.

oh, the old black ones?

Did they have 4 knobs back then? Because i know Eclipses used to have 4 knobs.
O O

___
LTDs are the same as the others LP, the higher the quality the most likely they will have binding. With LTd you will have to look for the 400 series or lower.
The reason for binding is because of the tops they have, so if it has a maple top or something like that, its going to have binding. Its pretty much something you will have to like with when it comes to LPs.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by TheBax
oh, the old black ones?

Did they have 4 knobs back then? Because i know Eclipses used to have 4 knobs.

This one.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
@ jmag:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ESP-EC-400-Electric-Guitar-Black-ESP-LTD-Excellent_W0QQitemZ360074442689QQihZ023QQcategoryZ33038QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
Here's a black one... i like this one. But unfortunately i don't have money for it, but this is exaclty what i'd want.

I guess only old ESP Eclipses used to have 4 knobs.... whatever, doesn't really bother me.
O O

___
The binding makes the paul!
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
The binding makes the paul!

And that's why i'm angry! lol.
O O

___
idk if you hate all bindings or just the colour but the ec-1000 has abalone binding and i like it better then plain or cream, although like white on black binding doesnt bother me or the gold on black like the vintage black ec-1000
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
The Epiphone Les Paul Special II has no binding but it's the cheapest les paul available.
@ ash_attack:
i hate the cream bindings, and i just really don't prefer the white binding on black, but i don't necessarily love it, either. The only binding i'd get, is a white guitar with black binding. But like i said, i love the way the Gibby LP Studio looks, and i'd love one, but i don't have the money for one. And i know epiphone has a studio, but i'm looking for a good guitar... That ec-400 in the link from ebay i posted is perfect.... i'll just try to find another one once i get enough cash for it.

@ CHEVY07:
yeah, i noticed that, but like i said, i don't want a crappy guitar.... and i also want 2 vol. knobs.

Okay, i think i'm settled on the EC-400.... thanks guys!
O O

___